Very annoyed!

Ant8681

What a rubbish morning i have just had! Went to a new permission that i picked up last week and there was a stack of pigeon showing, i went up to the farm house to find out where the farmer wanted me to go, he wasnt there but his mrs explained and off i went only to find that someone else had already got there and was hiding in the bushes. I was slightly peeved to say the least so after hanging around in the gate way for ten minutes watching the guy miss everything going over him i got back in the car to think of a plan b.

There is a farm not far from where I was and the farmer had only recently been on at me to go and get rid of his ferral problem and as the weather was closing in I thought it would be nice to sit in a barn and pick off a few in comfort. I got there just as the farmer was finishing breakfast, he said he was just about to feed up and if i hid in the bails opposite I should be able to pick them off the roof. I crept through the barns being careful not to be seen into a nice position and waited, ten minutes later the farmer came and fed up as usual, he didnt look at me but said "give it five they will be here" and he went off and carried on as usual. I waited there for an hour but not one birdcame within range, they circled above and perched on roofs but no where near me! How they knew I was there I do not know but they must have felt something was up. I did however manage to pick off five ferrals on the way back through the barns so that kept the farmer happy! I have never had such a bad day in the field, lets hope writing it down helps!

On a brighter side though i met a lady today who runs a farm shop and she is interested in buying squirrels off me.

sounds like it ended ok........... farmers can be funny folk they just want problems sorted the fact you was going and he let someone else wont show up on his radar, I have a bit i shoot 500-600 Rabbits every year its run by 3 brothers and despite what i do for them two of them will let others on from time to time and not tell me. I can turn up with my night vision set up and find lads potting rabbits with shotties and nither of us knows the other is out and thats darn right stupid but farmer just shrugs his shoulders

I USED to shoot for a farmer that used to allow others too shoot over his fields he phoned me up one day and told me the pigeons were destroying his field i turned up first light to set up to find two other hides on the same field i went to see him and he just laughed i never found the funny side. I now shoot for two land owners both only allow me, Im not even allowed to bring a friend but i kind of like it like that.

I can see both sides of this, being a farmer and shooter. I've had people ask me if they can go and I've given them permision to go on arranged days, had others ask if they can go and told them no as I've given someone else permision only to go and see how they're getting on and be know where to be seen and find the field covered in pegion's because they didn't turn up. I can also see that if you've been given permision, when you turn up and find someone else there already it's frustrating to say the least!

Its a fact of life that we cannot always expect to have excusive access to any farm, my policy is always if i find someone else already there is to go and introduce myself, have a chat, wish them luck and move on. If you know who else is shooting the land, try and work together, its better than agro.

Its a fact of life that we cannot always expect to have excusive access to any farm, my policy is always if i find someone else already there is to go and introduce myself, have a chat, wish them luck and move on. If you know who else is shooting the land, try and work together, its better than agro.

:yes::good:

The aggro approach never works.

I have known the bloke for ages as i used to be a syndicate member on his lake, I even built some swims for free for him so thats probably why i was more annoyed than i would of been if it was just some random permission that i had stumbled upon. I dont mind now anyway hads some good days shooting since!

Easy remedy.

Cough up about one million of your own readies and buy your own farm then do whatever you want to do.

If you can't do that it is the farmers call.

If a farmer wants a job doing for free, even though its something i love doing, there should be some kind of mutual respect, it wouldnt take much to send a text instead of me driving twenty miles only to find it was a waste of time! Anyway i wont be going back, he can keep his pigeons!

Happy shooting!

If a farmer wants a job doing for free, even though its something i love doing, there should be some kind of mutual respect, it wouldnt take much to send a text instead of me driving twenty miles only to find it was a waste of time! Anyway i wont be going back, he can keep his pigeons!

Happy shooting!

and most people would snap his hand off for just one chance....JUST ONE CHANCE :hmm: