looking for a clay ground in cambridge

bigman

Hi Mate,

I have used Long Acres at Gt Wilbraham, run by Sam Grice. He does gun fitting and coaching too. I do know that you can on some evenings go along for clay shooting only. Google Long Acres Shooting school for contact details.

I'm in Newmarket so tend to mainly use the Lakenheath clay target centre. It is a good ground though can be a bit pricey for clays. You just turn up collect an electronic counter and go round the course however you like. At the end you take the counter back to the shop they tell you how much to pay and that's that.

Edited by ozzy518

Hello mate,

As Rammer Burt said try The Cambridge gun club http://www.cambridgegunclub.co.uk/index.html , the entrance is on the twenty pence road between cottenham and wilburton, very friendly place without to many of the hooray henrys, it costs £35 a year if you want a membership which gives you a small discount each time you visit but you dont have to have it, A member pays £21.00/100 clays compared to £25.00/100 for non-members but you can shoot as little or as much as you want mate just check the website on the fixtures page and turn up on a day that has a practice session on thats when anyone can turn up,

they have a small cafe with very good prices to, i am a member as i also get a small discount at my local gun shop with the card to and its nice to take my Dad for a session to catch up with each other sometimes.

Also yes you are given a card which you put into whichever trap you are shooting from which activates it and you can just move around whichever ones you want at your own pace shooting however many clays you want from each trap, some people do them in order or others like me do them completely at random.

Cheers :good:

Edited by smokinggun

• 5 months later...

Hello mate,

As Rammer Burt said try The Cambridge gun club http://www.cambridge...o.uk/index.html , the entrance is on the twenty pence road between cottenham and wilburton, very friendly place without to many of the hooray henrys, it costs £35 a year if you want a membership which gives you a small discount each time you visit but you dont have to have it, A member pays £21.00/100 clays compared to £25.00/100 for non-members but you can shoot as little or as much as you want mate just check the website on the fixtures page and turn up on a day that has a practice session on thats when anyone can turn up,

they have a small cafe with very good prices to, i am a member as i also get a small discount at my local gun shop with the card to and its nice to take my Dad for a session to catch up with each other sometimes.

Also yes you are given a card which you put into whichever trap you are shooting from which activates it and you can just move around whichever ones you want at your own pace shooting however many clays you want from each trap, some people do them in order or others like me do them completely at random.

Cheers :good:

Hi smokinggun

Just come acorss this thread.....

I'm also a member at CGC & was un-aware that discounts were available at other shops ?

Out of interest where is your local shop ?

Cheers

Simon

from Cottenham

i use lakenheath, but its standards have slipped since the fire fiasco.

cook.

I'd agree Cook. Rumours are rife. One minute the Club House is going to be re-built the next the owner is off as Elveden Estates want to put the rate up. Personally I hope they decide what is going to happen there as it's ******* people off big time.

I will have to nip out and try the Cambridge grounds.

I'd agree Cook. Rumours are rife. One minute the Club House is going to be re-built the next the owner is off as Elveden Estates want to put the rate up. Personally I hope they decide what is going to happen there as it's ******* people off big time.

I will have to nip out and try the Cambridge grounds.

I recommend you do try out CGC, Karen & Mick + other staff are a very friendly bunch.

They are constantly improving the site, everytime I return there, they have built something new / added extra stands / landscaped another area !

Cartridges are a decent price too...

You can also get a great tasty Double Breakfast there for only £6 (smaller breakfasts are available, if you are not so peckish!)

Simon

Guest cookoff013

i actually poped round CGC there last month, it was a well organised set up.

i shot about 50 or so from their fake pigeon hide setup. actually really nice to just sit down and shout pull, up and BANG !