section5 oopsie

beeredup

Nobody knows how many of these types of guns are in circulation,as pre ban they were quite legal to sell and buy without any form of registration.

When the ban came into operation owners were required to apply for tickets(at their own expense)to register their legally obtained pistols.Similar to the high capacity magazine shotguns post Hungerford being made S1,many owners didn't bother to register,so the authorities have in effect created a 'pool' of illegally held,unlicensed guns....again.Way to go!

yup your bang on the money there Scully! these things will pop up with people unknowingly breaking the law on a regular basis for a good few years to come i know some one who had 3 registered ones who was emigrating and he wasn't even allowed to give them to another FAC ticket holder who himself had TAC's on his ticket too he had to hand them into greater manchester police for destruction!!! :blink:

I have nine Brocock pistols in various guises, they are as said Section 5, so am I a section 5 holder that can buy a Glock or Sig Sauer semi auto,,,,,,,,,,,,, No.

Just a paperwork exercise for the government and I have a worthless collection, I now take every opportunity to fire them at my club and, as per my FEO`s instruction, I can also shoot them in the garden, as long as I take the necessary precautions.

Putting them on ticket just gave me the excuse I needed to join a club, well a number of them, and have real/more guns.

You still get the odd one pop up, be it someone wanting to trade one at a gun shop or as has happened here, as said the ban was not widely publicised enough.

Edited by lineshooter