lost guns

hi guys ,someone i have been shooting with had his guns taken from him due to a "meeting "with someone he didnt like and spent the night in the nick ,the first thing the police did was take his guns and licence,am i breaking the laaw by lending him one of mine when we shoot

If you are asking for a genuine opinion, I think we would need the full facts - not hints.

He spent the night in the cells and the first thing the Police did was take his guns and licence. No charges, no trial - so far we have nothing.

I love threads like this. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your post gives us hardly any information whatsoever, why did he end up with a night in the nick? What sort of guns are we talking about?

You've said they took his licence (shotgun?), if that's the case then I understand he no longer has it, making it illegal for him to be in possession of one. However the usual rules should still apply, where the occupier of a piece of land can allow someone to shoot their gun under supervision.

More details would really help.

Just so we are clear. He spent the night in the cells - the Police immediately removed his guns and licence. No charges, no caution, no efforts to get the guns or licence back, no appeal against losing his licence.

If that is half the tale - I will plait sawdust.

Why are you posting with details so lacking? It begs the question.

hi guys ,someone i have been shooting with had his guns taken from him due to a "meeting "with someone he didnt like and spent the night in the nick ,the first thing the police did was take his guns and licence,am i breaking the laaw by lending him one of mine when we shoot

Probably not. If he hasn't been convicted of a crime and sentenced to at least three months in prison then he is not a prohibited person.

Yhere isn't enough substance to your post to determine whether you allowing him access to firearms is a good idea or not though.

J.

sorry guys ,the licence was for a shotgun of which he had 2.the other person pressed no charges so after the night in the nick he was free to go.but still cannot get his guns or certificate back from the police.

Has his cert actually been revoked? I mean, does he have a letter saying that it has been revoked and the reasons why?

J.

If you shoot together, ie you are in CLOSE attendance possibly not, otherwise I think you would as you are aware that he could have had his certificate revoked. Suggest a chat with BASC firearms dept.

A

Edited by Alycidon

If you shoot together, ie you are in CLOSE attendance possibly not, otherwise I think you would as you are aware that he could have had his certificate revoked. Suggest a chat with BASC firearms dept.

A

It matters not. There is no legal way in which you could lend anyne a gun regardless of how good a character they are if they are not under your supervision. If they are a prohibited person then you cannot dos so under any circumstances.

It would appear that person in question is not a prohibited person as no mention has been made of any convictions. The fact that he may (or may not) have had ticket pulled does not make him a prohibited person. That isn't to say that it's a good idea to give hinm a firearm though as we do not have enough information on which to make a reasoned decision.

J.