Air rifle ?

Steve72

Do I need a fac for a suitable air rifle for shooting rabbits?

Or are there non fac ones that will do the job successfully ?

If I don't need a fac could anyone recommend a suitable rifle and the approximate cost? I have access to a compressor at work.

You dont need an fac rated air rifle for shooting shooting rabbits a sub 12 ftlb gun is fine, any quality gun close to the legal limit and accurate is up to the job.

A compressor at work is no good as precharged airguns require filling to 180 ish bar and a compressor wont reach that pressure, so a bottle or pump will be needed.

Theres many quality spring guns that wont need filling and are well up to the job.

You dont need an fac rated air rifle for shooting shooting rabbits a sub 12 ftlb gun is fine, any quality gun close to the legal limit and accurate is up to the job.

A compressor at work is no good as precharged airguns require filling to 180 ish bar and a compressor wont reach that pressure, so a bottle or pump will be needed.

Theres many quality spring guns that wont need filling and are well up to the job.

Our compressor goes to 320 bar would that be of no use?

Thanks for reply

yes you could easily use a 12ftlb air rifle for rabbits out to about 30-40yards providing its a head shot. are you after a spring or pcp? whats your budget? :good::rolleyes:

ATB Rhys

It's just something I was considering doing with a pal of mine . Budget tight what would each variation start at for reasonable rifle? Thanks for reply

springers are a lot harder to shoot than pcp because of the recoil.If you are new to the sport and can afford it i'd go for a pcp as a new shooter you will find it a lot easier,you then need to practice a lot before you go hunting you have to be confident of a kill and not leave the animal just wounded.

andy.

springers are a lot harder to shoot than pcp because of the recoil.If you are new to the sport and can afford it i'd go for a pcp as a new shooter you will find it a lot easier,you then need to practice a lot before you go hunting you have to be confident of a kill and not leave the animal just wounded.

andy.

I found a club in Thurrock in Essex I live in Dartford Kent . It's open on Sunday's I'm going to go along to see what it's all about. Possibly try some guns out there before I decide . But I agree practice practice practice .

Your question will attract the usual diatribe of responses where everyone will tell you to get what is in THEIR opinion the best gun going, Usually it's coincidently what they happen to use, and it'll include offerings from all the usual suspects Air Arms, Weirhauch, Theoben, Daystate.

However there's a whole market of other manufacturers to choose from, PCP's are nice to shoot as there's no recoil from a big spring flinging about the insides, but you need a way to recharge the air in the cylinder.

Springers are slightly different to shoot, you need to practice and practice to learn to handle the way the rifle recoils, upside is no air supply needed.

Think about how determinedd you are with the idea of air rifle shooting before spending £400+ on a pcp when you can spend £150 on a springer.

Do I need a fac for a suitable air rifle for shooting rabbits?

Or are there non fac ones that will do the job successfully ?

If I don't need a fac could anyone recommend a suitable rifle and the approximate cost? I have access to a compressor at work.

No need for FAC,i just came in from a stroll out with my Hatsan AT44-10 and shot the bunny below .22 using AA Field Diablo 16 Grains @41yds

post-52943-0-79366900-1335995203.jpg