Zeroing in a NV scope any tips

Bipolar

i used a tip i picked up on airgun bbs , get a large box , put i tea light inside(small candle ) , put a large brick in the box (to stop it blowing away / falling over) , make a small hole (with a pencil) in the box and use that as your aim point , as you shoot at the box you'll see where the bullet / pellet is hitting and adjust accordingly , obviously do it in the dark and you can swap the candle for a torch if you want.hth :good:

i used a tip i picked up on airgun bbs , get a large box , put i tea light inside(small candle ) , put a large brick in the box (to stop it blowing away / falling over) , make a small hole (with a pencil) in the box and use that as your aim point , as you shoot at the box you'll see where the bullet / pellet is hitting and adjust accordingly , obviously do it in the dark and you can swap the candle for a torch if you want.hth :)

Worked a treat last night cheers :yes::lol::P:lol::lol::):) :(

• 2 weeks later...
i used a tip i picked up on airgun bbs , get a large box , put i tea light inside(small candle ) , put a large brick in the box (to stop it blowing away / falling over) , make a small hole (with a pencil) in the box and use that as your aim point , as you shoot at the box you'll see where the bullet / pellet is hitting and adjust accordingly , obviously do it in the dark and you can swap the candle for a torch if you want.hth :P

Worked a treat last night cheers :D:/:/:good::good::yes::yes::lol:

Yep,,its the tea light trick..............dont put your shooting lamp in it thought......................guess what happens.......

But thats another story...........

Mine was more elaborate

I fitted a cheap <1mW red laser and zero'd it in with the day scopes to hit a 35 yard target bang on THEN all i had to do was fit the NV switch it on and put the reticule on the dot and that was zero's in to 35 yards and bang on target :good:

DON'T use powerful lasers like the Crossman 5mW or the new green 20mW things as you may well burn the tube you need a weak laser like the sub 1mW to be safe. Just thought i would mention it.

Oh and if you have the spare cash you MAY find the purchase of an IR laser a nice bonus as a secondary reticule for quick target Acquisition and as it is IR and in the invisible light spectrum less likely to spook the quarry at night over a red or green laser.

LG