2 more bucks

yds

• 3 weeks later...

Second shot great well done. However you can quite clearly see that the first buck has been hit high in the spine and as the stalker wanted, it should have been shot again but you stopped him telling him it was a good shot, even though in the film you can see that the beast was dragging his now defunct back end. I noticed you did not film the follow up to that one as you knew fine that it would still be lying awake in distress. Once again good to see you practice what you preach, Best Practice and all that. :no:

Edited by Blunderbust

Guest Mr Pieman

Animals shot through lungs do NOT 'bleed out' unless heart/aorta/artery are also hit; they die of asphyxiation. :angry: (Veinal bleeding has insufficient pressure to bleed quickly) I agree with Blunderbust, first shot needed an immediate follow up; the shooter immediately realised what he'd done wrong :hmm: Second shot was good :good:

Second shot great well done. However you can quite clearly see that the first buck has been hit high in the spine and as the stalker wanted, it should have been shot again but you stopped him telling him it was a good shot, even though in the film you can see that the beast was dragging his now defunct back end. I noticed you did not film the follow up to that one as you knew fine that it would still be lying awake in distress. Once again good to see you practice what you preach, Best Practice and all that. :no:

again you can see from the video it was edited but only by seconds. The damage from clipping and breaking the spine + the lung damage this deer was dead quickly as you could see.

And surely a spine shot is NO different to a neck shot it is the same chain of bones and nerve endings they are of course paralised higher but only paralised and not always dead hence the blink reaction.

Don't forget you can clearly see we are above the animal and the bullet is travelling down through him. He was deaad in seconds though as I have edited it (slightly) you will have to take my word for it. I also find it hard to believe if you have shot as long as you have you say you have never had a shot go wrong?

You know the saying if you haven't you ain't been shooting long enough. I have also agreed with you else where that B.P. is only a guide and have proved through my vids neck shots are taken. Head shots never by me now after seeing that hind and never ever by clients.

Edited by yds

Animals shot through lungs do NOT 'bleed out' unless heart/aorta/artery are also hit; they die of asphyxiation. :angry: (Veinal bleeding has insufficient pressure to bleed quickly) I agree with Blunderbust, first shot needed an immediate follow up; the shooter immediately realised what he'd done wrong :hmm: Second shot was good :good:

But if a vein is split and the heart still beating they bleed out very quick and leave a blood trail a blind man could follow.

You all shout about a photo of a dead fox could bring about a ban yet these topics are showing there is no real safe quick way to kill a deer every time by the average marksman. Which is doing more harm?

It was very nice. only big animal i ever shot it was wild bore when i was in the Navy back in poland

we were aloud in summer when mother was leading young ones and that was to close to guard post. i did only shoot 6 during service. (we did use ak-47)

I am puting some money on side and hope to go for stalking like that soon.

What sort of price we are talking about and do You get to keep animal (food :good: )

It was very nice. only big animal i ever shot it was wild bore when i was in the Navy back in poland

we were aloud in summer when mother was leading young ones and that was to close to guard post. i did only shoot 6 during service. (we did use ak-47)

I am puting some money on side and hope to go for stalking like that soon.

What sort of price we are talking about and do You get to keep animal (food :good: )

Where do you live mate?

again you can see from the video it was edited but only by seconds. The damage from clipping and breaking the spine + the lung damage this deer was dead quickly as you could see.

And surely a spine shot is NO different to a neck shot it is the same chain of bones and nerve endings they are of course paralised higher but only paralised and not always dead hence the blink reaction.

Don't forget you can clearly see we are above the animal and the bullet is travelling down through him. He was deaad in seconds though as I have edited it (slightly) you will have to take my word for it. I also find it hard to believe if you have shot as long as you have you say you have never had a shot go wrong?

You know the saying if you haven't you ain't been shooting long enough. I have also agreed with you else where that B.P. is only a guide and have proved through my vids neck shots are taken. Head shots never by me now after seeing that hind and never ever by clients.

Look you can talk things down all you want. You preach best practice and state you do not do this and that but you still contradict your following of the publication Deer Best Practice. As I have stated on a post that seems to have disappeared, if you look at some of your old films you drop yourself right in it. Large Medal Buck clip at 4.15 minutes you are clearly heard saying "Take it - take it - take it" as the buck is bounding away. Strangely the clip has gone, I wonder why? :no:

Darlington Co.Durham

If you were willing to travel down to my end of the woods (a long way I know) I could let you have a couple of stalks in which I can't garantee a Buck but if you are lucky enough to get one you are more than welcome to take the beast with you free of charge. :good:

Look you can talk things down all you want. You preach best practice and state you do not do this and that but you still contradict your following of the publication Deer Best Practice. As I have stated on a post that seems to have disappeared, if you look at some of your old films you drop yourself right in it. Large Medal Buck clip at 4.15 minutes you are clearly heard saying "Take it - take it - take it" as the buck is bounding away. Strangely the clip has gone, I wonder why? :no:

I have not removed any video content, you cannot be looking hard enough :angry:. So When you find it an apoligy might be nice.

there found it. It took me 1/2 a minute. 4.01

and the Danish guy I was telling to take it would never shoot 1 on the move, it was just encouragement to shoot when it was inevitably going to stop. Which it did and he shot it then. The danes wont even shoot them laid down or take neck shots and turned down x2 bucks that week which were exactly that.

Now that apoligy

Edited by yds

there found it. It took me 1/2 a minute. 4.01

and the Danish guy I was telling to take it would never shoot 1 on the move, it was just encouragement to shoot when it was inevitably going to stop. Which it did and he shot it then. The danes wont even shoot them laid down or take neck shots and turned down x2 bucks that week which were exactly that.

Now that apoligy

Apoligy you will never get from me my man you did tell him to take it whilst the beast was moving, simple as that. Deer Best Practice my bum. :no: I take it with the "Deer shot with 30.06 @ 18m stalker would not do what you told him to do either: "There you go base of the neck" then bang, oh deary me what a downer, he did. :no:

Edited by Blunderbust

Apoligy you will never get from me my man you did tell him to take it whilst the beast was moving, simple as that. Deer Best Practice my bum. :no:

Childish :hmm:

but you were wrong about me removing the video?

I can only talk and try and give advice i am not looking down the scope nor is my finger on the trigger.

All this is your gripe over me telling you neck/head shots are not best practice....which they are not.

I have also agreed with you they are guidelines and provided evidence that i do allow neck shots and don't follow it myself all the time, so what dose all this prove other then your childishness?

And you were wrong about the video that is undeniable an apoligy please.

Edited by yds

Childish :hmm:

but you were wrong about me removing the video?

I can only talk and try and give advice i am not looking down the scope nor is my finger on the trigger.

All this is your gripe over me telling you neck/head shots are not best practice....which they are not.

I have also agreed with you they are guidelines and provided evidence that i do allow neck shots and don't follow it myself all the time, so what dose all this prove other then your childishness?

And you were wrong about the video that is undeniable an apoligy please.

Go away and bother someone else because anything you post from now on will not be of interest to me.

Go away and bother someone else because anything you post from now on will not be of interest to me.

Thats good news for most of us we won,t read your inane comments!!!!!!

regds alan

I was just thinking the same. Every video John has posted recently has had you picking holes in it. Why don't you find something useful to do with your time instead of spoiling his topics?

I know a couple of people who have shot with John and really rate him. His history as a guide speaks for itself. When you take that into consideration, which of you do you expect us to side with? It shouldn't be too hard to figure out that it's not you.

I'm not going to argue over it and this will be my only post which is simply stating my opinion. To put it simply I wish you would do as you've just said and give it a rest!

Thats good news for most of us we won,t read your inane comments!!!!!!

regds alan

He's busy on another thread trying to cause a muntiny about posting photos of shot animals(on a hunting forum?) and wants only pigeons to be posted. :hmm:

Apparently the antis don't get upset seeing bags of a 100 slain birds as long its done respectfully?

They are still, dead but the antis won't notice because of the tasteful use of some buttercups in a meadow.

They are also apparently unaware of all the "pricked" birds that fly off to drop out of that ash tree 2 hours later.

Shooting will always be a target for antis that we know, but I live in a rural area where my neighbours see me unloading deer everyday and let me live my life, because i don't give 2 hoots what they think. They accept things won't change and what I do is legal. If i skulled around and was weak kneed they would be on me real quick that is fact.

What we do is legal, what we use is legal (infact mandatory) so get out and shoot something, be proud and show the world we are proud of what we do it is a legal pastime.

and this was just pm'd to me, makes a good read.

notice all chest shot animals are killed clean and the piccies are of dead deer. If all his chest shots drop deer stone dead why ever neck head them at all, Make up your own minds at least i show/tell things how they really happen.

http://frodo-its-a-dogs-life.blogspot.co.uk/

Edited by yds

He's busy on another thread trying to cause a muntiny about posting photos of shot animals(on a hunting forum?) and wants only pigeons to be posted. :hmm:

Apparently the antis don't get upset seeing bags of a 100 slain birds as long its done respectfully?

They are still, dead but the antis won't notice because of the tasteful use of some buttercups in a meadow.

They are also apparently unaware of all the "pricked" birds that fly off to drop out of that ash tree 2 hours later.

Shooting will always be a target for antis that we know, but I live in a rural area where my neighbours see me unloading deer everyday and let me live my life, because i don't give 2 hoots what they think. They accept things won't change and what I do is legal. If i skulled around and was weak kneed they would be on me real quick that is fact.

What we do is legal, what we use is legal (infact mandatory) so get out and shoot something, be proud and show the world we are proud of what we do it is a legal pastime.

and this was just pm'd to me, makes a good read.

notice all chest shot animals are killed clean and the piccies are of dead deer. If all his chest shots drop deer stone dead why ever neck head them at all, Make up your own minds at least i show/tell things how they really happen.

http://frodo-its-a-dogs-life.blogspot.co.uk/

Why have you taken it upon yourself to post a link to my Blog. What has my blog got to do with you slating me for lack of Best Practice and then contradicting yourself with some of your previously posted clips? I have no doubt that you are very good at your job but you do need to be able to take some criticism. I have merely pointed these facts out to prove that yes Best Practice is there and is good but we all do not stick to it.

I am not looking to have people take sides, I am making my point. I have made one comment on the thread you refer to with reference to dead animal pics which was giving my opinion about that thread and that is I have no problem with pics of dead animals as long as they are not lying with open wounds on view or depict video of suffering. I don't even think I have mentioned Pigeons Where you get the idea that I am trying to cause a mutiny is beyond me.

Edited by Blunderbust

I think a second shot was called for with the first buck. The shooter did realise this.

If you don't want any analysis of your practise then you should think again about posting such videos.

In general I think that videos, like the BBC, should inform and educate, and even entertain to a degree. There is even a case for posting videos of bad technique and bad ethics so as to draw attention to this and educate best practise.

With your experience you could have been the first to critique the first buck. You didn't so others did it for you, and that has put you on the defensive. How much better to have allowed a second shot on the first buck and to explain the reasons why. Your companion made the right call and you overuled him. There was sufficient cause to justify a second shot, but I do wonder what prompted you to allow the delayed death? And then post a video of it.

Discretion is the key here, IMHO.

lying again. :good:

I was sent your blog as when read found it relevent that all the chest shots were shot dead?

If that is the case as we know it is very unlikley why do you need to shoot in the head ever?

I cannot be bothered to find it but you say you have had a need to drop deer on the spot. you write there you obviously can very well with the chest shot.

You also take your dog stalking, for follow ups?

You have also said in all honesty you have never had a shot go bad.(not shot many then?)

All this points that you can also contradict your self and do.

I posted the incredible lung shot to show novices that even with a good conection deer can react different to how they learnt in a dsc1 and to make sure they watch the deer and decide on a follow up shot or to simply allow the deer to die quietly. (their call).

You were also told by another that a neck shot still doesn't keep you safe, or kill the deer any better then any other shot at times and agreed the deer is still sometimes blinking which means its concious and can see you aproach before you dispatch it in whatever matter you choose.

What we do in the field when caught on film can look shocking, but bear in mind we are talking seconds.

I have shown in my videos I too am not anti neck shooting under correct circumstances it is you who said I had B.P. shoved up my ****?

You were shown i did not remove a said video and thought i was upto no good, I asked for an apoligy you said "never"

It is not just me who is defensive, it is also not you who is having every honest post derailed by a systematic sulker.

Best you stick to your above statement and let my posts go there course without your input. :good: :good:

I think its time to stop now

Edited by yds