Yorkshire Game Fair - new venue

Hi Hitclays,

how much for the clay comp? If not too much might have a go myself.

£100 MINIMUM 1ST PRIZE EACH DAY

50 BIRD SPORTING £15 re enter as many times as you want (one card shot at a time)

12 BIRD POOL £4, £15 PAID OUT EVERY 15 ENTRIES

40 BIRD 2 MAN FLUSH £12/TEAM CASH PRIZE TO WINNING TEAM

PRIZES 1ST,2ND,3RD OPEN.1ST LADIES,1st JUNIOR,1st OVER 60s. EACH DAY

Edited by hitclays

There is another thread saying that it was awful. Small, nothing there except Broadband salesmen. one guy did it allround in 3 hours another in an hour. Does not bode well for the future of the event or venue. How did the clayshooting go Hitclays?

clay line was a bit quiet saturday,but sunday was better.

high gun was 45 from 50 birds.

I paid out £860 in prize money over the 2 days. Regarding the venue yes it was a bit tight to fit everything in and bear in mind it was a flat field,but it still had a better buzz about it than so called bigger shows.

I was told that there were over 200 stands and exhibitors which would take me a little longer than an hour to walk around,but each to there own.

The moans i heard were about the lack of signage getting to the show.

Would i do the show again ,yes i would as it will grow. The people behind it are as straight as they come and in no way want to rip anybody off.So basically give it a chance it was the first time at that location and with all the planning in the world,problems still arise.

It was good to see so many PW members there who popped over to say hello

Paul Hart (The pigeon shooter) had a stall it would be interesting to get a stall holders view of the weekend.

Alan

Edited by hitclays

My view of the day was Very bad signs , no shooteers car park until we told the lady on clay stand that we wont shoot as is to far to go back to the car and get our guns, who then said park in the dog competitors stand,which meant a long walk back to the car and re park.Why dont you ask the organisers to allocate a car park for shooters,its been done before :rolleyes:

The layout was fine with good targets but 2 of the marshalls (stand 3+4)had no idea,i had 2 no birds on no.3 and was only given the second bird,despite asking for a pair.My pal shot 18 shells at stand four which took a long time in warm conditions,staff saying battery flat and one keeps tripping.This was on Sat at 11.00ish,maybe next year you charge them before you arrive.

My view of the day was Very bad signs , no shooteers car park until we told the lady on clay stand that we wont shoot as is to far to go back to the car and get our guns, who then said park in the dog competitors stand,which meant a long walk back to the car and re park.Why dont you ask the organisers to allocate a car park for shooters,its been done before :rolleyes:

The layout was fine with good targets but 2 of the marshalls (stand 3+4)had no idea,i had 2 no birds on no.3 and was only given the second bird,despite asking for a pair.My pal shot 18 shells at stand four which took a long time in warm conditions,staff saying battery flat and one keeps tripping.This was on Sat at 11.00ish,maybe next year you charge them before you arrive.

There was a shooters car park which was behind the BASC stand approx 70m from the sporting line,it was signposted competitor parking and is shown in the layout map in the programme but admitedly there was not an abundence of signs.Regarding the refs they have all officiated at other shoots, but thanks for the heads up, i will look into it.

All 50 batteries brought were fully charged before hand but you know as well as i sometimes things just go wrong,but thanks for your comments.