Game bore Hi-Tech

Game bore Hi-Tech

I’ve spent some time this morning loading up the remainder of my 12 gauge Hi –Tech cases, (900 in all) They are a pleasure to load, no sizing required and always a good crimp, I found them in a tub under the bench, The last time I reloaded these cases was 10 years ago

My question is are they still made? Or when were they last made, and has anybody seen these in 20 gauges? :hmm:

Mick. :good:

post-17507-0-65965300-1337711431.jpg

hi mick, thats brought back some memories, used a lot of these as you say about ten years ago. excellent shell, even in no 8 were very good for decoying. sadly according to my rfd they don't make em any more :no: but an email to gamebore might conrirm that. atb aga man.

Dont throw the cases away when you have shot them,if you dont want to reload them I will...

Hi mick

Hitech not been made for over 10 years i still have a load plus 2 boxes of 1 1/8 trap load

good for heavy loads.My all time favourite was blue magic c/f cases they were effortless

to load. Dipper.

Hi mick

Hitech not been made for over 10 years i still have a load plus 2 boxes of 1 1/8 trap load

good for heavy loads.My all time favourite was blue magic c/f cases they were effortless

to load. Dipper.

Hi Dipper

I have never come across Blue Magic, but I did reload Winchester Blue Light c/f cases as well as Trap 100 c/f cases when I started years ago, The Blue light were 24 or 28 gram I believe, My active cases have been reloaded at least 5 times now and I got them second hand.

Worth keeping an eye out on southams and holts website. I bought a mixed lot of 250 12 bore cartridges last year from southams and there was a good quantity of Gamebore Hi-tech 7 1/2 32 gram loads amongst them as well as the blue winchester DT and various winchester AA loads too. I think from memory I paid £25 + buyers premium for the 250. Is always worth keeping an eye out on the various auctions as can get some real bargains and have always found them very easy to deal with.

Is reloading your own shotgun cartridges even still economically viable ? :hmm:

Hi There SS

yes it is economical to load youre own, even in 12 gauge, especially if you have been buying your supplies over the years when the prices were right, and making your own shot.

The big savings are in small and large gauges, not so much for clay loads, but most of us do it because we like to, and get a lot of pleasure from shooting something we have made. :blush:

Mick. :good::good:

Guest cookoff013

Is reloading your own shotgun cartridges even still economically viable ? :hmm:

loads in shotsize 5 or bigger, yes.

36g loads and above, yes.

funny loads, yep !