My new air rifle!

WelshLamb

This is my air rifle I bought yesterday. Have got a few squirrels hanging around my garden which wont be around for much longer :sly: .

Today Im going to attempt to zero it. Shot a pellet at a large piece of paper last night and it missed by about 2ft so we can assume the zero is waaaaay out :lol:

Its a "Hammeru" springer, with a Walther 3-9x40 scope on it. Is that any good? I know bog all about air rifles :lol:

If anyone in South Wales has a chrono they wouldnt mind me using for half an hour, thatd be grand :good:

a02eb3ff.jpg

This is my air rifle I bought yesterday. Have got a few squirrels hanging around my garden which wont be around for much longer :sly: .

Today Im going to attempt to zero it. Shot a pellet at a large piece of paper last night and it missed by about 2ft so we can assume the zero is waaaaay out :lol:

Its a "Hammeru" springer, with a Walther 3-9x40 scope on it. Is that any good? I know bog all about air rifles :lol:

If anyone in South Wales has a chrono they wouldnt mind me using for half an hour, thatd be grand :good:

a02eb3ff.jpg

Nice Gun.....but with your chrono issue,look at the blog below yours,its confirmed that you can get a chrono for £40!! You would probably spend as much in fuel driving to someone's house within South Wales to chrono your gun :hmm:

hw copy, looks nice.

I expect you mean Hammerli

Looks more like an SMK XS19, which is a Gamo Hunter copy.

If so there's a good availability of aftermarket tuning tuning kits, replacement trigger & piston seal etc.

http://www.woodfield-gcp.co.uk/index.html is more or less on your doorstep

Of course, you can just shoot it. LOL

Edited by SteveieP

Hi Taff ,nice looking rifle .Now as with all new springers it will take a while say 500 shots or so to bed everything in, then try a selection of different pellets ,you will be surprised at how much variation there is between makes. :good:

ive said it once ill say it again, if its a factory fitted silencer, remove it check the baffles are alligned and not damaged, and also check the crown of the barrel, recently had someone come to me with an XS19,and the crown of the barrel was terrible, and the silencer was factory fitted so it must be down to poor QC, the thing was fireing two meters to the right at 10 yards.

Just the 2 foot off seemed a little extreme ( as i dont know what range that was at ) so just a heads up of things to look out for