Grampian Fair

vulpicide

This Saturday the 9th June we are holding a FUN charity Terrier and lurcher show at the Grampian fair at FYVIE CASTLE it Kicks off at 10.15 am with the Emmerdale Team Grand Arrival, then a Falconry display Gundog display etc we are on at approx 1.30 pm at our show Cheating is Essential! BRIBERY is positively encouraged and the Judge May be from the cast of Emerdale ( if its one of the Dingles hold on to the lead as they may try and KNICK your dog :yp:) This is a charity event and should be good fun for the kids :good: We will have a SACS stand there for any questions, renewals etc in particular we are looking for volunteers at local level for future events, so come along and say hello :good:

Just discovered Purchase tickets online £6.50 for an adult instead of £10 under 15s free if accompanied by an adult

Don't know this stalker from Thurso but he scares me.If I get a buck afore Sat I'll butcher and drop some off fella,if nay will take to Moy.Where do you book the tickets online fella?

Go on the Grampian Fair website and book from there I'm starting to look forward to getting some white puddin to bring back down the road. I tried to put up a link but ahm no clever enough 08444 77 1000. or go on the link on the website.

Cheers for the heads up and ta for the link Tam.

We are up with the SACS stand so if any SACS members in the N.E. are coming drop by and say hello we are trying to help George Walker expand the Grampian fair for the future so every thing is up for new ideas if we get enough response we will consider a competitive Terrier and Lurcher show Gundog Scurry etc come along and tell us what YOU want we have plenty to keep the Wives and Weans happy its a good site and George is always looking for fresh thinking. Free parking £ 6.50 online tickets and under 15s free with a paying adult thats a good deal I know that there's plenty of fieldsportsmen in the area so claim this fair and make it a winner.

Hi Vulpicide - will hopefully get along on Saturday as its just down the road from me - 20 mins tops! Really good to see the makings of a Fair for the Shire and if you're really unlucky i'll come and introduce myself on the SACS stand :lol:

Do you know anything about the shooting? Been in contact with the organisers via mail but they haven't been able to help other than - yes - there is shooting.

Do you know if its a sporting layout or just "have a go" stand? and any other info would be greatly appreciated :good:

PS : I hope the only entrance isn't just down the little lane you normally get into Fyvie by - it'll be carnage :lol:

Thats a shame - there's a heap of local boys who were looking to shoot at some fresh air :lol:

I dont think it would be an issue to round up some locals to help out next year if it helps get a clay shoot off and running a la Moy etc.

Thanks for taking the time to find out for us it is very much appreciated :good:

I'll come and look you up on the SACS stand and introduce myself.

Best Regards

Caisterboy

Well thats me home I met loads of people and caisterboy and sako nice to put faces to names we had a good day and we got Natalie and Tony from Emmerdale (Moira and Bob) to judge the terrier and Lurcher show Moira concentrated on cute kids and Bob picked on the basis of Cleavage but we got loads of money for Inspire the featured charity I will try to keep in touch with the guys in the North East and see about expanding things for next year. :good:

Edited by vulpicide

Would like to say well done to you and everybody who put it together it must have caused countless sleepless nights!! Thought the Emmerdale crew were brilliant throughout the day, happy to chat away to the punters and must have had their photographs taken hundreds of times without any hesitation and smiling throughout - a feat of stamina i would imagine!

And by the way, Gaynor Faye is pretty fit in the flesh and happy to give fat middle aged men a kiss on the cheek too :yes:

Only gripe i heard from people was about there not being enough food stalls.

Pleasure to meet both yourself and Sako :good: - guess i'll have to ditch the BASC membership early next year for SACS now :lol:

Keep in touch about next year and see if we can't get a clay line on the go - i know a few boys from a couple of straw balers who might well be interested in helping out or even running it :good: