Laws on selling shotgun?

MG6065

Evening all! Just curious on the Laws regarding a 17 year old (me) selling a shotgun? I know I can't buy or hire one until I'm a 'man' aka 18 years old but can I sell one?? There's no information anywhere? I asked at my local gun shop and he wasn't sure? All advice welcome, cheers

Evening all! Just curious on the Laws regarding a 17 year old (me) selling a shotgun? I know I can't buy or hire one until I'm a 'man' aka 18 years old but can I sell one?? There's no information anywhere? I asked at my local gun shop and he wasn't sure? All advice welcome, cheers

If it appears on your SGC then you can sell it to anyone legally entitled to buy it! :yes:

I can't think of anything saying you can't sell them, I'm sure it's legal. I suppose the reason that nobody knows is that very few people at that age seem to want to sell their gun! It's your property, and you have to be able to dispose of it somehow, and I can't see any reason why you would not be allowed to receive money for it.

As to getting in contact with your FEO, either ring your firearms department (their phone number will be on their website) and ask them if you can speak to your FEO, or they might even have your FEO's number on the website. I know my force does that.

I'm sure it must be legal though.

I'm sure it must be legal though.

I'm sure it isn't illegal, but for a 17 year old to sell a gun that must have been gifted and to write on an SGC is interesting. I am guessing you can sell it or give it away but can't part x it???

I'm sure it isn't illegal, but for a 17 year old to sell a gun that must have been gifted and to write on an SGC is interesting. I am guessing you can sell it or give it away but can't part x it???

It is certainly an interesting question, I too would be interested to know an FEO's take on this (though I suppose there is no guarantee that they'll get it right).