Roe Buck from this weekend

everycal

Had an awesome weekend with Lee from Seeka hunting (http://www.seekahunting.com/) in Norfolk to try Roe Buck Stalking for the first time. I shoot shotguns normally but have been wanting to try this for a while so thought I would sign up to a beginners weekend.

Got to the lodges we were staying in on Saturday afternoon. Had a safety briefing and was talked through the .30-06 rifle I was using then headed out for the afternoon stalk.

Stopped on the way at some safe ground and tried the rifles, got some practice on some targets and checked the scopes.

post-49696-0-87056600-1339450539.jpg

The evening stalk was good fun, great scenery and loads of deer about but all were does, munties that were not safe shots or bucks that were too big for my first time or wallet!

The next morning I was more successful. Despite the 3am alarm!

Took a lovely buck from about 160 meters.

Great fun, awesome memories and a interesting introduction to stalking for a newbie.

Thanks Lee.

post-49696-0-99615100-1339450772.jpg

Edited by lukepulford

Well done luke, are you hooked? Quite a long shot for a first beast, good shooting. Good write up and pics :good:

Hi Moor man.

Thanks, it really was a huge rush. Very different from shooting birds, a lot larger animal to kill but it was for cull purposes not for pure sport as with birds. But it was properly wild unlike reared birds. So mixed feelings about it, it was a hell of a lot of fun! Who am I kidding, I probably am as I am already looking at going back with Lee soon!

very well done buddy hope its the first of many for you as yds say being out at dawn its what makes stalking so great my favorite time of day :good::good:

Cheers Cocker3. I agree with you and YDS, an awesome time of day. Now I just need to find an excuse to be around at that time every day! The fact we were blessed with great weather seriously helped too!