Distinct lack of TV .....

Supersonic

...on the Falklands.

30 years ago today the Argies raised the white flag in Port Stanley which was promptly replaced with a Union Jack.

A prayer to your God for those that never returned home.

Nige

Well said :good:

The negative comments don't deserve a response.

give me five million and I would be gone from this overcrowded dump like a shot.

Ah so you hate your country and can't wait to leave, now I understand why you don't think Britain or it's territories are worth defending. You should have said :yes:

If anyone wants to start a whip round, I'll chip in few quid........

the falklands isnt an overcrowded dump though.

The irony will be lost on him.

Before the oil was found the Falklands generated significant revenue for the UK coffers from their rich fishing grounds. It's one of the best Squid grounds in the world and it doesn't cost the UK a jot. The islands have prospered without huge amounts of cash being pumped in. Whether they had done well or not the inhabitants are loyal subjects and deserve the protection of our finest.

Before the oil was found the Falklands generated significant revenue for the UK coffers from their rich fishing grounds. It's one of the best Squid grounds in the world and it doesn't cost the UK a jot. The islands have prospered without huge amounts of cash being pumped in. Whether they had done well or not the inhabitants are loyal subjects and deserve the protection of our finest.

:good:

When will you people get it in your heads that we do not run the world any more we are a tiny island at the top of europe rapidly going down hill and you think that we should still be policing the world.

In about ten years we may have one aircraft carrier with about four planes the US has about twenty with hundreds of planes who the hell do we think we are kidding that we are still a world power.

The way that things are going we will be getting food parcels from India and China soon.

p/s I have started packing my bags as soon as you have got the five mill together let me no and tell you where to send it.

When will you people get it in your heads that we do not run the world any more we are a tiny island at the top of europe rapidly going down hill and you think that we should still be policing the world.

In about ten years we may have one aircraft carrier with about four planes the US has about twenty with hundreds of planes who the hell do we think we are kidding that we are still a world power.

The way that things are going we will be getting food parcels from India and China soon.

p/s I have started packing my bags as soon as you have got the five mill together let me no and tell you where to send it.

"You people"? Who are are you? If you had any cojones you wouldn't be waiting for hand outs, you'd have the courage of your convictions to leave the country you patently hate so much right now. There wouldn't be much of a send off party.

Hope so..i love an indian or a chinese...

Dont recall America winning a war....dont recall us losing 1...

Edited by smig4373

Hope so..i love an indian or a chinese...

Dont recall America winning a war....dont recall us losing 1...

right you are 2 world wars ,a world cup somewhere called MALAYA this former empire may be poor but its people are very good at standing up for not only themselves but the rest of the world.proud to be british .proud to have served in the best kick *** army in the world and anyone dont want to live here 15 quid gets your car on a ferry to europe .have a nice life :good:

My Dad fought in the second world war and was a pensioner when the Falklands war happened and there was no-one more proud of our lads than Dad.

Brave young men who deserve to be remembered unfettered for their courage, endurance and sacrifice. There is no better praise nor remembrance than the Falkland islanders who will never forget the sacrifices the soldiers made for their freedom.

No reason to detract from that, every reason to be a proud and thinking person, we may be a bit french and saxon, celtic etc., but we are not cowed or cowardly, and thats down to our armed forces.