What a nightmare but worth it in the end! Rabbit shooting

Shotgunspud

Hi all,

I had a call yesterday form one of the golf courses I shoot! Saying ""Alex can you get up here we have Rabbits everywhere"" so you can imagine the next call was me upsetting the wife!!

Now this was a rush job so get home dodge the wife throwing shoes at me ( God i love that women ) grab the rifle check forecast and out the door.

Phoned my mate Mark who now in the same rush as me grabbing his bits, but he still managed to get to me within 15mins,,

So off we set after checking we had everything! arriving at the golf course which was very close to home to find the gates locked not a problem i said i have a key nope new lock no key!!!! and we could see the buggy set up ready for us from the gate which made it even worse, tried to call the Green keeper but to no joy..... :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So change of plan!!!! over to another course we manage the rabbits on 25 mins away! But first back home grabbed a new tray for the buggy as my mate Daz had the last one after we shot 87 of the course 3 weeks ago!! Grabbed that and the keys for the buggy got there with about half and hour of day light so a very quick set up and off we set!

Now keeping in mind Daz and I had shot this course 3 weeks ago and had bagged up!! I didn't think we where going to bag up again so soon! So with Mark shooting first bagged 3 crows and 2 magpies and about 10 rabbits in no time 10mins Max, Looking around and seeing rabbits everywhere i said how much ammo did you bring?? :crazy: the only thing that held us up was the rain stopping and starting with us taking cover! but with rabbits everywhere so it was worth us staying out!

Mark shot the best i have seen him shoot dropping rabbits at all ranges..(Hats Off).. we managed 80 plus rabbits 3 crows and 2 magpies on a very wet and windy night!! If this would of been a warm night without the rain this post would read 150 plus rabbits looks like we have some good sport over the summer Daz!!

post-10973-0-11520600-1339841019.jpg No more room

post-10973-0-73667700-1339841041.jpg The bag for the night. post-10973-0-29007600-1339841074.jpg

Thanks for reading

SGS

wheres the rest of the rabbits, aint 80+ there

I guess all the rabbits you shoot drop dead on the spot Nod? :cool1: I'm always keen to learn! :smartass:

Maybe one day I'll be as good as you, but for now I'm happy to tolerate the odd runner. Besides, when your bag is full, you tend to leave the ones in the long grass where they lay. I'm assuming your bad will fit 50+ rabbits, and that you fill it up regularly? :hmm:

I look forward to your pictures..... :thanks:

good write up soft lad you and mark did a job gathering 80 rabbits with the weather as it was well done both of you

Thank you weeman :good: :good:

wheres the rest of the rabbits, aint 80+ there

Nod not all where picked up mate some to small and as we are culling the numbers some dont make the bag as we fill the orders and rest are fox food. No need for us to make numbers up mate check out my other rabbit shooting post you will see the numbers we get.

how much rabbit curry can 1 man eat, :lol: :lol: .good write up great permission :good:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm still drying out Spud! I told you it was going to rain. :lol:

LOL WIMP!!!!

Great write up and good photos! As always well done guys, that is some serious shooting. The green keeper must love you guys for doing such a good job! :good:

tahnks Frenchieboy just trying to keep up with you right ups... :good: :good:

Good write up Alex, great job done by you and Mark.

I have to say I do love a golf course and rabbit shooting....

great shooting. :good:

Lee

Thanks Lee!! How are you getting on mate?? hows the set up?

Nice night out :good:

:good: :good:

Hi Alex.

Getting on very nicely Sir indeed, enjoying the Golf course as you can see from my posts too... :good:

as you know it makes such a big difference having buggy to use and get around the course several times.

Enjoying the .22 set up but have to say for me I love my .17HMR set up more...

Looking forward to stalking with you Alex.

thanks and happy safe shooting.

Lee