Sako Finnfire Varmint

Maldwyn

Had a bad day at the office today. I'm one of the many people on this forum that's waiting for their FAC to come through and what a long and difficult wait it's been. It was six weeks before I had my home visit. When the FEO did come 'round, he said everything was straightforward and that he would send off his paperwork that day for processing and I should receive my FAC (.22 & .243) within two to three weeks. This was just over a week ago.

Anyway, I have my heart set on a Sako Finnfire Varmint for the .22. Have looked at the CZs and Anschutz but have made my mind up this is the rifle I want when that piece of paper finally lands on my doormat. However it seems that these dont come up on the market that often. When they do they're usually snapped up quite quickly. But, it just so happens that earlier this week I sourced one at a gunshop not too far away. I phoned the gunshop owner this morning, who confirmed that he still had it and so I set off this afternoon to have a look at it. When i got there, he showed me the rifle and what a thing of beauty. It was in excellent condition, the price was right and I cradled the rifle dreaming of the nocturnal forays we would have together.

Asked the gunshop owner if he would take a deposit on the rifle while my FAC is being processed, to which he replied no, as someone else was coming to see it on Saturday. Offered to pay in full if he could put it in storage for me, to which he replied that it was illegal to do so. I was absolutely gutted as I placed the rifle back on the shelf knowing that was the last time I'd see it.

Sorry to have waffled on for quite a bit. Had to express my sorrow to fellow shooters as my wife only laughs at my bad day at the office. :good:

From reading your post you come across as a sensible and genuine fellow .........Unfortunately there are alot of timewasters out there and I can understand the RFD's point of view as my local Gunshop get's inundated with dreamers who put money down only to return say they've had a re-think and can they have their money back and sometimes things get awkward as a result :good: ........You've offered to pay in full so a quick phone call to the firearms depo and they might allow you to pick up your cert in person and i have a feeling you would'nt mind the expense ..........and for a sako finnfire it would be well worth it :good:

• 4 weeks later...

A week after my first post, my FAC came through. The following week I bought this little beauty (thanks Geordie for providing that link). It's now fitted with a second hand Schmidt & Bender 6x42 and a Harris Bipod. Spent the last weekend Zeroing and managed a couple of hours walking the fields at dusk this weekend. So far two shots for two kills. Happy at last. Now I've just got a .243 slot that needs filling. All's well that ends well :yes:

post-3277-1158014721.jpg