Making burgers

30-6

When i make pigeon burgers, i always mince raw meat and use that. When i make rabbit pie i have always cooked the jointed rabbit in the slow cooker first so as to take the meat off the bone, cook the veg seperate, then when all together put in oven to just cook the pastry. All done when ingridients are still hot.

If i cooked a rabbit in the slow cooker to take the meat off the bone, is there a way to use cooked meat to make burgers ?, i use a burger press, do you reckon if i used a bit of raw mince to help hold it all together it would work out ok ?

You can if you use pigs trotter in the stock you cook them in. Cook them like normal then reduce a bit of the stock down by about two thirds. Roll the whole lot into really thick sausage shapes in cling film and leave to go cold. Slice it then fry them but be gentle. It may end up a little dry at a guess but worth a go to see.

With a pigeon it's easy just two breasts. But with a rabbit you think the difference in meat quantity you get between taking raw meat off the bone and the same rabbit put in a slow cooker and then taking the meat off the bone. Easier and more meat.

I make mine as follows.

One rabbit . 3 sausages.

"Boil to death" the rabbit, until of the bone... :rolleyes: Like you doing.

then place the rabbit of the bone into mixer with cutting blades to chop it up small.

Then add salt, pepper mixed spice, onion and herbs and buy a cheap pack of "Basic" sasuages.

which cost me 60 pence for 6.

take 3 , remove the skin and add these to the rest of the stuff and mix well.

add one egg and a little cap of milk.

grab handful of mixture and place into burger maker or make a ball and make the size burger you want.

then cook.

YUMMMMYYYY.

Edited by Jesse James