Beretta AL 390

JONO

Apologies for duplicate post - it might be more appropriate here...

Hi All,

My first post in a few months, apologies.

A fellow poster has mentioned his father looking to sell his AL390 semi.

28" M/C, 3" chamber with less than 1000 through it.

I've been after a semi for both pigeoning and wildfowling, having been forced to use bismuth due to my Baikal's fixed chokes... and a steel-proofed semi would suit me down to a tee. I need it to handle standard loads as well as being potentially effective on geese (ie do I need a 3.5" magnum?)

Not having a massive amount of spare cash I've been looking at some posts regarding s/h prices and thought to ask you guys what it should be worth (prices vary from between £300 and £450) and whether this model has any "glitches" in comparison, say to the 391 Urika.

Hope you can help.

Best regards

Jon

ps - James: need to do some research, hope you don't mind.

Jono, I used Axe's one at Bisley and shot 35/50. I had never used a semi before but I was impressed with its weight and swing. I wonder what sort of cleaning regime you have to carry out with these guns compared to a p/a?

BTW thanks for the loan Axe.

LB

SCRUB all that Jono, it was a 391 I was using.

The clay club I go to have 2 390's as club guns , hardly ever cleaned and they look fairly old and still work 100% . I had a go with one of them and got on so well with it , I went out and bought a 391 as I prefered the synthetic stock but I later traded it in for a beretta o/u . Might also be worth looking at a secondhand franchi 712 raptor as these new are £575 on guntrader , so you may be able to get a good deal on a secondhand one .

http://www.franchiusa.com/firearms/model712.tpl

What's the sense in being members of this forum if you can't ask the members for their views Jon !!

I don't mind in the slightest. I think there was a review of this gun in Sporting Gun a while ago - as a used buy. I'll take a look though my back issues for you.

they vary in price , because they vary in condition..

some have shot 1000's & cared for , some are knocked about & used..

so its a matter of looking, waiting & getting the best you feel..

although , i gotta say they are a fantastic reliable semi auto,durable shooter, quality & superb..

as all berretta 's are.......

forget the cheep new imports, ya get what ya pay for..

happy huntin' :friends: