A nice hour with the airgun

fenboy

I was going to go decoying today , but the rubbish weather put paid to that for today

So with things looking a little brighter this evening I thought I would visit my new permission with the airgun and see if I could bag a bunny or two.

I did not have to wait long as I had only just pulled in the yard and I spotted one playing hide and seek down the side of some stacked potato boxes,I only waited about 30 seconds and it pops its head out and at around 25 yards the .177 superdome did its job with ease bowling it over with a nice head shot.

With one in the bag I made my way down the farm and soon spotted another grazing in the edge of a small paddock , unfortunately the easy shot was spoiled by a strand of wire on the fence and the rabbit legged it to safety :oops:

I then stalked down a long hedgerow , without much luck until I came to a tree in it where I could just make out a pigeon under the canopy of leaves , once again at about 25 yards a well placed neck shot saw him drop out with hardly a flap of the wings.

Heading back out I spotted another rabbit grazing in the verge , this one was further out at around 40 yards , I gave him a squeak so he lifted his head and with the cross hair slightly high I squeezed one off to hear a nice thud and it went down clean as a whistle with another head shot.

All in all a pleasant hour out.rabbit002.jpg

must say im tempted by your gun looks the part they also do them in synthetic stock but i think the wood work on your is sound. well shot

The HW97kt is certainly a very good and accurate gun if a little heavy, mine has a decent bit of wood for beech.

Not keen on the synthetic stock myself as I think it makes them look a little cheap, but each to their own.