Badger Cull

poontang

the sooner it goes ahead the better and being something done predominantly at night it should be pretty subtle. However it does pose the issue that if these numpties do go about trespassing at night and trying to interfere whether they will be an issue to people out lamping.

I've just had a read through some of the other **** LACS have on their site, particularly the bit on game shooting. What a joke! :angry:

Pretty much everything they say is a joke.

Anyway, onto the badger cull.

MAFF tried to do a trial badger cull a long time ago, in the 80s I think, and animal rights extremists turned up and vandalised everything (was it "battle of Folkington"?).

The trial cull this year is obviously going to be more subtle than the one at Folkington. But you know what animal rights people are like. When the trial cull goes ahead, something is going to happen.

Finally some sense at long last.

I too can't see what this has to do with the 'League Against Cruel Sports' - as a cull is not a sport they should keep their noses out. Then again, these people generally aren't intelligent or sensible. Be careful when out lamping if they do turn up, video the whole thing if possible, otherwise you'll have 10 of them saying you 'threatened to shoot them' or whatever. We know what they're like.

thing is badgers are everywhere! overprotected imo the other night lamping i saw 17 badgers and 1 fox! on one small 200 acre farm!

Well what does anyone expect? what is it now 30yrs total protection of Badgers and thier homes? what have Badgers been doing? multiplying without any check thats what!

meanwhile Lapwings and other ground nesters have been declining along with the hedgehog etc These fools know nothing of conservation only badly placed emotions.

TB used to be a major killer of people as well as livestock and if we dont act on all areas of it they will be consequences.

Do i want to tell my Grandchildren in another 20yrs what i hedgehog was like or what the heck a "pewit" was coz they can't find it on the net?

I don't want to see badgers disapear either but things have to have a balance and the time is over due

Well what does anyone expect? what is it now 30yrs total protection of Badgers and thier homes? what have Badgers been doing? multiplying without any check thats what!

meanwhile Lapwings and other ground nesters have been declining along with the hedgehog etc These fools know nothing of conservation only badly placed emotions.

TB used to be a major killer of people as well as livestock and if we dont act on all areas of it they will be consequences.

Do i want to tell my Grandchildren in another 20yrs what i hedgehog was like or what the heck a "pewit" was coz they can't find it on the net?

I don't want to see badgers disapear either but things have to have a balance and the time is over due

To right Kent, why do Badgers stir such passion in some, have they never heard the screaming of a hedgehog as its torn to bits or the shrieks of a stone curlew diving down to save its eggs. There are to many around, just most antis get up too late or are in the pub to notice the numbers and think they are scarce. There is a local meeting this wednesdays to drum up a frenzy with the antis led by the LACS, local farmers are already dusting off their pitch forks and pushing a couple of eleys into old rusty side by sides ready for a battle. At the same time the local police are deciding whether to spend all the extra overtime on a new conservatory or motor. Its been along time coming here in Gloucestershire and if the anti's are wanting a fight I think they may regret it and wish they had stayed in bed. :yes::yes: