garlic

hobgoblin

just thought i'd share a tip,our cocker seems to be a tic magnet,total nightmare.So we've been told(7tried it) if you use ONE clove of garlic,cooked&mashed into their food it deters tics' Well as i say we tried it ,then due to a few problems at home we forgot to do it for a few days...hey presto he had 3tics i a week!! We removed them & re-started the GARLIC.He's been in all sorts of fields,crops ,heath e.t.c&only had 1 VERY small tic on his nose which fell off...so maybe it did'nt like garlic flavoured blood??? any way we now do it each day,only ONE as too much can cause the dog to become eneamic. So hope it helps&it's cheaper than vets bills!!!!

When horses were used extensively on farms etc, they hung a small twig from an Elder Tree with crushed leaves on the top of the horses head to deter flies.

It does work on humans, crush some leaves and apply to your face, it does keep the gnats away.

Might be worth a try to deter tics, but would have to be done before taking the dog out.

just thought i'd share a tip,our cocker seems to be a tic magnet,total nightmare.So we've been told(7tried it) if you use ONE clove of garlic,cooked&mashed into their food it deters tics' Well as i say we tried it ,then due to a few problems at home we forgot to do it for a few days...hey presto he had 3tics i a week!! We removed them & re-started the GARLIC.He's been in all sorts of fields,crops ,heath e.t.c&only had 1 VERY small tic on his nose which fell off...so maybe it did'nt like garlic flavoured blood??? any way we now do it each day,only ONE as too much can cause the dog to become eneamic. So hope it helps&it's cheaper than vets bills!!!!

I use drops which are placed on bare skin on the neck. They are relatively cheap from a vet and last for three months.

My border Terrier is a tick magnet. When I was shooting last Autumn he sneaked away from the hide to a badger sett and he came back covered in ticks. Over the next week I took 200 ticks from him.

I use drops which are placed on bare skin on the neck. They are relatively cheap from a vet and last for three months.

My border Terrier is a tick magnet. When I was shooting last Autumn he sneaked away from the hide to a badger sett and he came back covered in ticks. Over the next week I took 200 ticks from him.

Gosh that's a lot, I have only ever found one on my border.