Just ordered another flapper.

After the swathing has begun I was getting all my kit together ready for the first foray.

I usually use a magnet on the swathed rape to get above it but still never seem to be able to rely on it pulling in more than it scares, and it's bloody heavy.

Wondering what the answer was, I picked up my little turbo flapper and its tiny battery I decided that two of these has got to be a better proposition so I looked on the bay, rang the number on a listing and will have the second one here for tuesday.

I've always found the single one a reliable bird puller so a couple set up in the rape should be dynamite.

Anyone else tried with a pair of turboflappers, if so how'd you find them :hmm:

After the swathing has begun I was getting all my kit together ready for the first foray.

I usually use a magnet on the swathed rape to get above it but still never seem to be able to rely on it pulling in more than it scares, and it's bloody heavy.

Wondering what the answer was, I picked up my little turbo flapper and its tiny battery I decided that two of these has got to be a better proposition so I looked on the bay, rang the number on a listing and will have the second one here for tuesday.

I've always found the single one a reliable bird puller so a couple set up in the rape should be dynamite.

Anyone else tried with a pair of turboflappers, if so how'd you find them :hmm:

i thought like you,that 2 would have to be better than 1,but after a few outings decided that 1 worked better,now i use the rotary again and the flapper seems togive the birds a bit more confidence to come in.if i have to walk far its just the flapper

i think two flapers will work a treat especially with crows and where pigeons are already shot or wary. on swathed rape they usually want to feed and dead birds on cradles or simple floaters are more than adequate in my experience :) . a good bit of field craft and getting there before anyone else is more important IMO :good: