Absolutely nothing about!

WelshLamb

In the last four days, I have walked around every single one of my permissions, and one or two others with some friends, and between us we've barely seen a bird!

No pigeons, crows, squirrels... nothing!

Even my Nan commented that there seems to be very few song birds about, and that the dawn chorus has been unusually quiet :hmm:

i remember you saying a few months ago that there wasn,t much to go at, just goes to show they can appear from nowhere or from across the channel :yes:

Definitely, they do travel about.

I would like to tag a few and track their movements, just to see how far and wide they do go.

We have pigeons everywhere and nowhere. 20-50 on almost every field and pigeons flighting constantly but nothing to set up on and if you do, its an hour of steadily declining trade as they move on elsewhere. With the rape combining all but complete and the new 54 foot plough and cultivator turning it over in minutes they are getting less and less choice of where to go.

Peas which are out of bound to prevent lead shot in the crop (Its a theory) will disapear this week and the stubbles ought to shoot if they are left more than a day.

Wheats are stood more or less perfectly and no laid areas to speak of so stubbles going forward to beet or new drillings are going to be the best options in the next month for us.

You kind of pray for a massive breakdown on the cultivators so the pigeon can find a stubble long enough to get a shoot off it. 22mm spanner and a torch anyone?