Dog keeps gatting grass seeds in eyes :/

utectok

I'm afraid this is something all our dogs suffer with at this time of year. I check their eyes after each walk and gently remove any seeds with a piece of tissue and then put 3 drops of Optrex in each eye and massage it in.

I also trim the hair from between their toes at the beginning of the summer and keep them short to help prevent seed heads entering their body via this route and again quickly check each toe after their walk, by feeling between each toe. Spending a couple of minutes checking them over can save a big Vet's bill and maybe a long lay off with the season approaching.

Springerman

My Cocker pup had a right problem with grass seed before the fields were cut back. Ended up with a terrible eye infection even though i checked his eyes after every time we were out. Took him to the vets and he had a grass seed almost at the back of his eye! The vet retrieved it with forceps after giving my dog a local anesthetic luckily no permanent damage was caused. i always check his ears and between his toes too :good:

almost imposible i know , but keep them out of it till its eiher cut or dying off.

one of my bitches had a puncture between her toes couple of weeks ago , swelled up and went very gamy very quickily . if she had,nt of been a bit lame i would,nt of known about it , week of antibiotics and regular bathing in hibi and shes fine.

trimmed all dogs feet next day and got all sorts of **** out from inbetween there toes.

the one thing hate the most at this time is clever's ( sticky buds ) what a pain

almost imposible i know , but keep them out of it till its eiher cut or dying off.

one of my bitches had a puncture between her toes couple of weeks ago , swelled up and went very gamy very quickily . if she had,nt of been a bit lame i would,nt of known about it , week of antibiotics and regular bathing in hibi and shes fine.

trimmed all dogs feet next day and got all sorts of **** out from inbetween there toes.

the one thing hate the most at this time is clever's ( sticky buds ) what a pain

i know what you mean takes ages getting them out of my Cockers ears!

Tuesday morning took my springer to the vets with a lump in her throat they thought she had a infection ang gave her steroids, by Thursday morning the lump was the size of a tennis ball took her back to vets and he stringed the lump full of blood and what seemed like Sylvia and dekcided they had to operate on her Friday, had a phone call mid afternoon to say they had found a grass seed deep in her throat they do not know if it went in through her skin or or through her mouth.

She now has a 2 inch cut stitched up in her neck area, had instructions to keep her calm for a few days try telling her that, first thing she did when she got home was get a tennis ball and run riot around the garden!