Nuerontin

Willow32

Name looked familiar so I googled it: Neurontin - the brand name of Gaberpentin?

Yep, tried gaberpentin and it did nowt for my pain apart from make me feel ill. I think it's usually prescribed for nerve based pain. If it works, great, keep taking it :good: .

Name looked familiar so I googled it: Neurontin - the brand name of Gaberpentin?

Yep, tried gaberpentin and it did nowt for my pain apart from make me feel ill. I think it's usually prescribed for nerve based pain. If it works, great, keep taking it :good: .

Gaberpentin changes the way your nerves work. Its something to do with the signals that they send to your brain.

Its not a pain killer as such

I take a very high dose of it every day, The max legal dose, Iv been on it for about 9 years now. I have never had any trouble with it. I started on a low dose and over the years its had to go higher,

Edited by halight

I'm currently on it, it does indeed affect the way nerves work, tied up with controlloing nerve spasm. It's often given to control epilepsy.

My GP suggested I didn't read the potential side effects as they are somewhat scary to say the least (one of them being death!) but i have had no ill effects at all.

Mine is for severe lower back pain/spasm, basically the muscles inflamed causing pressure on the nerves, which in turn get angry and fire off causing more swelling, creating more pressure etc, etc.

You want to try mixing it with Tramadol, effective to say the least! 3 days later and I can walk unaided again.

Edited by -Mongrel-

I have some nerve damage in my foot that seems to flare up from time to time. GP prescribed it and it seemed to work. Looked at the FAA website to see if it would effect my flying medical and found it is a prescribed drug and it invalidated my medical so came off it right away. Apparently can cause suicidal tendencies and the world has had enough of kamikaze pilots I guess. Interestingly, the symptoms got no worse when I stopped after only a few days.

Nick

I'm currently on it, it does indeed affect the way nerves work, tied up with controlloing nerve spasm. It's often given to control epilepsy.

My GP suggested I didn't read the potential side effects as they are somewhat scary to say the least (one of them being death!) but i have had no ill effects at all.

Mine is for severe lower back pain/spasm, basically the muscles inflamed causing pressure on the nerves, which in turn get angry and fire off causing more swelling, creating more pressure etc, etc.

You want to try mixing it with Tramadol, effective to say the least! 3 days later and I can walk unaided again.

Tramadol is what I take mine with. They are quite often given together ,

And yes they are very effective together!

took it at the highest dose and did,nt like it at all , it did,nt stop the pain , just made me fall asleep literally standing up and can bang weight on .

i just stick with tramadol on its own now.

have you asked about amitryptaline?? , i had some for nerve pain years back

took it at the highest dose and did,nt like it at all , it did,nt stop the pain , just made me fall asleep literally standing up and can bang weight on .

i just stick with tramadol on its own now.

have you asked about amitryptaline?? , i had some for nerve pain years back

Iv been on amitryptaline , I will never ever take it ever again! The stuff made me feel like i was about to die!

Strange how different people find different drugs work,

Just goes to show how different our body's can be. Even though they are pretty much the same