coniston shooting ground

did i miss

And they don't argue about no birds, just tell them how many and they knock it of the bill.

It is expensive there, make sure you take plenty of cartridges, I nearly bought 250 hull comp x 21g from there when I ran out once, fortunately my bank are **** and did me a favour and declined my card at the time so only bought a couple of boxes, about £12 per 250 more expensive than anywhere else, but I guess they have the fancy club house to pay for.

It isn't the cheapest but a very good range of targets, good sporting layouts, friendly staff and great food.

Agree they are very fair over no targets and never had any quibbles when reporting them.

Can be a bit busy if there are big corporate events but wander to the far end of the sporting layouts and you normally get away from the throng.

Definitely worth a visit.

Really great place there it's 22p for members and abit more for non members, well worth joining there, you can shoot at your own leisure and have a fantastic day there as well, they've got an archery bit as well . All the staff there are very helpful as well , they've started to sell guns and equipment as well I was there last Tuesday and they've got a nice selection of guns on display for sale :)

Edited by Willpoon

Must be a different Coniston Shooting ground to the one I've been to.

I never ever had a warm welcome - more like I was a hinderance.

Ho hum - each to their own, I suppose!

That is a surprise. They have always been great with me.

They did apologise once, but that was because they had a group in and they thought it may have spoilt our quiet day. :good: I agree that Kelbrook is also very good, but I do get told off for shooting other peoples clays (on the next stand) :innocent:

Its a great ground but im indiferent to it.All the ingredients are there but it doesnt fire me up.

Its not easy to get to for me,food is shut in the afternoons and it closes at lunchtime ish on a weekend.

I like the targets and the extra DTL layout and the are good with the no birds(till someone abuses it no doubt)

The facilities are good and the staff friendly but for me it is a ground that is underused. They have recently invested in new skeet and dtl layouts but they are usually empty when Ive visited, begs the question why? It is a ground geared to the local membership and hence registered competitions are not encouraged and sefinately discouraged if you are a sporting fan. Seems to me they could do so much more with it.

That is a surprise. They have always been great with me.

They did apologise once, but that was because they had a group in and they thought it may have spoilt our quiet day. :good: I agree that Kelbrook is also very good, but I do get told off for shooting other peoples clays (on the next stand) :innocent: