Is this a good price?

il cacciatore

Cheers folks.

I need to go and look at it, Ill go up tomorrow since I'm going that road and if I like it then Ill put a deposit down on it. :)

I had put a deposit down on a very neat Anschutz 525 with no marks on it at all apart from a very small bump that'll iron out nicely, I asked him to take something off it and he looked mad and said that he prices to sell and doesnt artifically raise the price to get it knocked back down again. So I'm scared to ask him. :(

I read something that the Remington Model 700 rifles have a bad trigger mechanism? :good:

The 700s trigger is ok if you adjust it properly it can be quite crisp follow the instructions here

http://www.quarterbore.com/library/article...700trigger.html

I have my standard trigger down to a crisp safe 1.75lbs

And vast here for any more Remington 700 info

http://r7l.7.forumer.com/index.php

To answer your question if it is as new it is a steal. I would get any gunsmith to accept a return if it doesn’t shoot straight. A rifle that has been heavily used by a conscientious keeper might look good but the barrel may be shot out. It should group within 1.5inch @ 100m no problems without any fettling

Dave

There is a Remington ADL 700 .223 with tasco scope (6x18x40 I think he said) in as new condition for £325. Is this is a good price and gun?

Cheers.

Seems cheap to me :( ..........the scope sounds like one of world class jobbies and if it is take it from me as someone who had one ,they are utter s**te and £95 brand new

Basically as mentioned previously you could do with knowing a little history about it or at least have a bit of knowledge with knowing what to look for as it could have only been used on a range and had countless thousands of rounds put down it . :)

Best of luck :good:

I put a deposit down on it! Its BRAND new, its NEVER been fired. A guy bought it in the spring of this year new and moved house down to Lincoln after getting married where he had nowhere to use it and so had flogged it. Its the synthetic stock version which I like - Itll be mostly used for foxes and the occasional roe. There are no marks on it at all - It looks like its came out of a box. Well chuffed.

The tasco scope is quite old but basically its was just sold with the gun for no extra expense. Ill be taking it off and fitting a becar berlin to it and putting the Tasco on the Anschutz. The gun comes with a shop warrenty.

:good::) :(

Jammy sod :good:

Got yourself a bargain it seems ,Congratulations :lol:

If it is the old Jap made Tasco World Class/Series then I had one in something like 4-32x44 for many years. They were actually very good and streets ahead of the current Tasco product. But if it's not then 'Bay it. But as you are fitting a Pecar the................... :lol: n

Bargain rifle then? What was the 'haggle down' price or are you going to keep stumm?

Paul :lol: