the big 40 on foxes

cocker3

well after last night result i headed back out tonight to see if i could find a buck i got to the farm around 7.30 and had a look at a bean field that there are a large number of roe around but after and hour and only seeing doe's i moved on . on the way to the next field i had planned on visiting i bumped into one of the brothers that farm this land and he asked me to have a look at a wheat field that the roe had done some damage in he took me down to the field and there about 140 yards out was a bloody buck feeding i got the sticks up with the rifle and had a look at the buck a very poor head so i decided to take a head shot NOT A SHOT I TAKE LIGHTLY we waited for 10 minutes for him to settle down and then he put his head up and i squeezed the shot off and he dropped like a stone .

i left the field and went for a coffee with the farmer and had a chat with him about where all the rape would be planted next year it was now 9.45 and i said my fairwells and said i would have a look at the 2 rape fields alan and i had shot the cubs in last night the first field was empty soi drove on into the second fields eyes 4 pairs it was four roe lying out in the stubble the i spotted a set of eyes about 50 yards behind the roe i gave it a squeek and it came running at about 90 yards i was out over the bonnet with the rifle trying to hold the lamp in one hand and shoot with the other at 80 yards i gave it a shout it stopped and i squeezed it never moved again another cub in the bag well chuffed !i know some lads on here shoot big numbers of foxes but 40 for me is a record the best we ever managed of these two farms was 35 two years ago and most years we only shoot about 20-25 so 40 is great for me i never posted a picture of the buck as it was not a very prity sight head wise

post-15459-0-45415600-1346020238_thumb.jpg

Congratulations. :good:

thanks buddy :good: :good:

well done bud

Well Done Andy!

thanks mark :good: :good:

Well done

Well done on reaching 40 mate .Its been a great year for foxes I think , Ive never seen as many so hopefully a record breaking year for me as well... :D

thanks fella yeh there are alot on the go strange but two keepers i know are saying there down on numbers hope its a good year for you too buddy :good: :good: