Theoben Rapid MFR

chrisjpainter

So, in a couple of days I'll be having a look at one of these and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts of what to look out for in terms of problems? I'll be running it through a Chrono obviously and checking the bottle seal, but is there anything more I should look for?

Seems these guns are either brilliant, or absolutely shoddy and nothing in between, so i'm hoping it's the former!

Anyone own one of these?

have a couple of rapids mfr being one of them , they are robust an simple to service seal changes etc which you will have to do at some point with a good barrel/pellet match they will out shoot the shooter anyday lovely light pointable gun , are you buying s/h or new ?

have a couple of rapids mfr being one of them , they are robust an simple to service seal changes etc which you will have to do at some point with a good barrel/pellet match they will out shoot the shooter anyday lovely light pointable gun , are you buying s/h or new ?

Sounds good. It's second hand. looks in great nick from the pics and hasn't been used much, but obviously i won't be able to tell until i actually look at it and feel it! looking forward to having a try on it, do you have an extra silencer on it, or is it quiet enough without?

got a pellet recommendation?

I have a custom carbon fibre shroud on mine light as a feather and quiter than any off the shelf mod , as for pellets ,crossman prems / hw ft specials / h,n ftt /, jsb all work well in mine if its a newer gun it should have a anti tamper fitted to the rear of the action , the older models dont