How did the lough neagh shooters do on the 1st????

duck hunter

Well lads having been down at lough neagh for a few weeks now but got down on saturday evening shot 3 teal and grey crow and got first woodcock of the year.Plenty of ducks flying about but out of range.

aye rubberduck swear they stay further from the deks every season , maybe they're smarter than we think :eh:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was out yesterday and brought a mate with that shoots i shot 4, 3 tuftys and a teal and th mate never took a feather, i actually saw more duck yesterday than i hav done in few wks but a lot dont evn luk at the decoys,il b out sumtime this wk again gives wind coming in.

was out in ardmore shootin las friday me and th mate had 12 teal, 6 wigeon and a goldeneye was brilliant craic

post-59189-0-30239500-1353261757_thumb.jpgA pic of last week on the lough havnt shot redheads in about 3/4 years. great seen them again. was plenty of duck about last sat but didnt start moving to 11 o clock really. was back down yesterday there was 5 of us shooting between use we got ten duck 7 redhead 3 tufties which came to the decoys well wasnt many duck about this week but still we got ten a great num.. we were on the lough for 1st light some hours pasted with out a duck to be seen then we got a few then it went quiet well not that quiet with 5 of us in the hide telling stories of our diffrent days out and some awful jokes :hmm: . Again then shot a few more this went on to 2 o clock wen we all packed up. so had 2 good saturdays in a row. :good:post-59189-0-30239500-1353261757_thumb.jpg

out this morning just the two divers retrieved , bloody freezing post-60918-0-27478900-1354384959.gif lot more ducks than usual flying about just out of range,which was great to see ,plenty of mallard and big raft of divers of over a hundred birds moving up and down the shore ,might have to pull a sicky during the week :D

if you need someone to keep an eye on you when you pull you sicky I would be very greatful :)

was out yesterday morning,had 6 goldeneye,3 wigeon,2 teal and a greylag goose.

goose fever has now kicked in,out this morning watchn them,not able to get a go at them til nxt sat hav work all wk :angry:

Well done on the greylag. I saw a few greylags on the wee lough last week. I will be carrying a few heavy loads from now on.

Out yesterday morning til about 9.30. 3 wigeon , two teal and a tuftie.