1A misty cornish morning

Ant8681

I woke up this morning and looked out of the window to see thick mist, I had permisson of my wife so thought I would head out anyway after feeding our baby. I got to my permission just as day was breaking and stalked into the garden as the owners want me to try and get on top of the bunnies, I spotted my first target about 45 yards away, the mist was heavy so I used it to my advantage and stalked in another ten yards but got spotted, I froze but the rabbit looked like it was about to scarper so I took the shot standing and bowled it over. I continued my mooch and as I got to the next gateway I could see a rabbit half way up the hill, it looked about 40 yards so I gave it half a mill and took the shot and missed! I saw where the pellet hit so I adjusted as the rabbit was still there and gave it 2 dots and the pellet found its mark. Puzzled about the miss I paced it out and it was 62 paces, I guess the hill had messed me up a bit.

http://i1171.photobu...81/DSC_0063.jpg

Now dinner was in the bag I thought I would go and see if the squirrels had found my new bait boxes. I slowly walked up to where the first box was and popped my head over the wall and there was on there! I ducked back down to sort myself out, then I slowly popped my head back up over the wall but he wasn't there! I looked about and saw another making its way towards me then I noticed something looking at me about 10 foot away, it was the first squirrel burying his nuts, I gave a squeak, he obligingly sat up to take an H&N to the head. My attention turned to the other squirrel that had shot up to the top of a tree when he saw his mate cop it, I had an idea where it was so I slowly walked around the tree and could just make out its head, big mistake mr squizzer! I was happy with my bag so started to make my way back to the car, on the way there is another box so I checked that one, there was a squirrel sat there with its back to me so I waited for it to turn it head and squirrel 3 took an AA diabalo to the head!! I am one happy chappy now!!

http://i1171.photobu...81/DSC_0064.jpg

The final bag;

http://i1171.photobu...81/DSC_0065.jpg

I thought that I would just add this picture of my first rabbit taken off my new sticks made by "Click"

http://i1171.photobu...81/DSC_0062.jpg

Thank you all! Rosebank the gun came Elworthys, There is a nice HW100 there at the min but the only thing I have found is that they are VERY expensive!! An awesome gun though, I dont know what I would do without it!!

I know what you mean about elsworthys being pricey, good service though but you do pay over the odds, try Ian hodges at wadebridge as well, fantastic service and good prices too

Good job mate just got a new rifle and im almost ready to make a dent in the cornish rabbit population!

wicked shooting, I'll be down in Cornwall at my parents for a couple of weeks October time and will be trying my luck on my Sisters farm with my Stoger X20. Hopefully ill get these kind of results :)

ive a stoegger x20 too, Borich.

Have you put many pellets through it yet?

I got a stoeger x20 too lads

must be the price!

i liked the fact that you get mod, scope and gun for a good price, it will be alrite to plink in the garden!

also i have used it to steady the lab to a gun as she used to get very excited with the shotgun out

Good job mate just got a new rifle and im almost ready to make a dent in the cornish rabbit population!

I got a stoeger x20 too lads

did u get it from Ian?