Police Inspection

Cranfield

I mentioned recently that I had submitted my shotgun certificate renewal form and today I had my Police inspection.

The Officer was a nice bloke, very chatty and friendly.

Checked the gun cabinet, gun serial numbers against my licence and commented on my "nice guns".

We had a chat about shooting and fishing, he does both, over a cup of coffee and the whole procedure passed very smoothly.

Its fashionable to "knock" the Police, but he did his job efficiently and pleasantly.

My new licence will arrive shortly. :sly:

well its good to hear that some police forces still act in a proffessional manner.

two years ago I informed the police that I had moved back into the Tyne & Wear area. The firearms officer who came out was a nice chap he arrived without uniform and in an ordinary car He too had a cup of coffee and checked out my gun cabinet and guns without any problems.

About 4 months later my licence was due for renewal and I was away in Africa, so the officer told my wife that they would come when i came back.

They eventually arrived in a Police Transit two officers fully uniformed with cuffs and battons, They checked my guns and cabinet they also phoned the Farmer where I shoot and also phoned the signatory for my licence.

I might look like a villain but I think this was a bit over the top. I dont know what the neighbours thought ??   :sly:  :)

I told North Yorkshire Police that I had changed address into Thames Valley Police area..........and waited.......and telephoned them..........and waited........and waited......and six months later they forwarded my records to Thames Valley. Exactly four days later I had my new certificate delivered to my home by a very nice man.

North Yorkshire = Poor to ****.

TVP                = Supa-dupa.