R.I.P SID

billytheghillie

I ghillied for him last year, and what a craic we had in the boat, could listen to him all day. Funny the bloke that brought him fishing asked, get him a fish billy as i think this will be his swan song. Sadly it turned out that way, what a gentleman. P.S. he did catch a fish late on in the day.

Professor Sid Watkins, what a man :good:

1984 Portugese GP I was working as a mechanic, Had a very bad leg develop over the week, really bad. Sid sees me limping and enquires what's the problem, has a look and says leave it with me. Organises that although I am working for a rival cigarette company that late each night I get myself off the Marlborough McLaren for treatment off their private doctor, treatment eases and controls the situation for a day or two. Monday back in England off to Harley Street, operation, lots of treatment to rid me of a tumour. Saved me saved my leg, Thanks Sid.

Cost ? No cost to me, paid for by a saintly team owner who will not let me mention his name in case people thought he was going soft.

I have been very lucky, having a great life and meeting great people.

Professor Sid Watkins, what a man :good:

1984 Portugese GP I was working as a mechanic, Had a very bad leg develop over the week, really bad. Sid sees me limping and enquires what's the problem, has a look and says leave it with me. Organises that although I am working for a rival cigarette company that late each night I get myself off the Marlborough McLaren for treatment off their private doctor, treatment eases and controls the situation for a day or two. Monday back in England off to Harley Street, operation, lots of treatment to rid me of a tumour. Saved me saved my leg, Thanks Sid.

Cost ? No cost to me, paid for by a saintly team owner who will not let me mention his name in case people thought he was going soft.

I have been very lucky, having a great life and meeting great people.

Always came across as a nice bloke whenever interviewed

Nice one Ron....

:shaun: