Anyone Seen the New Judge Dredd yet?

Evil Elvis

Almost went to see it tonight due to mix up on times saw "lawless" instead decent film, lots of guns...... Total recall or dredd, we'll be seeing spiceworld remade at this rate!

PS local odeon is giving away 2 for 1 vouchers valid till end of month with every ticket

Edited by HDAV

Thinking of going to see this, any good, bearing In mind Im a massive 2000ad fan?

Im a huge fan of 2000ad too i can remember buying the first issue back in 1977 and (Dredd wasnt even in it until prog 3) carried on as an avid reader for at least 10 years . I loved the new film. Such an improvement on the Sly Stallone effort. graphic violence but also very cool. And Carl Urban is excellent as Dredd. You will hopefully love it too :good:

Almost went to see it tonight due to mix up on times saw "lawless" instead decent film, lots of guns...... Total recall or dredd, we'll be seeing spiceworld remade at this rate!

I was very disappointed at Total Recall. To me it was aimed at too wide an audience and relied much too much on cgi affects and just didnt do it for me. I personally found Dredd far superior.

I really liked Dredd too.

It’s changed from the Comic, but they are good changes that work on a live film.

Things like having a bike that actually works, and apparently they made the gun as a real custom 9mm gun.

It’s a great film.

It’s an 18 rated film, but they didn’t go over the top with gore just because they could.

It’s just appropriate for the film.

its a great film if you know the dred story and tools , the only good thing stallone film done was to explain the guns , bike and judges ect ect .

the 3d dred is great on graphics and action i thought , cant beat kicking back in the recliner with a couple of beers and a box of nacho's !!

sweeny tonight me thinks

Watched it last weekend - superb, best action film I've watched for ages - a real gritty feel to mega city one which is just how it was written. I was a 2000AD reader back in the day, I couldn't even bring myself to watch the Stallone tosh! The only downside is I took Mrs BB to see it so apparently I've got to got and see "Anna Karenina" or some such rot as penance :( Maybe Kiera Knightley will get her kit off? :hmm:

Edited by Blunderbuss

so apparently I've got to got and see "Anna Karenina" or some such rot as penance :( Maybe Kiera Knightley will get her kit off? :hmm:

My mate Brian went to see Anna K last week.

Hi review of it is that it was dire.

Half the cinema got up & walked out part way through.

Brian is really into the classics and historical films so decided to tough it out to the end & regretted it.

My mate Brian went to see Anna K last week.

Hi review of it is that it was dire.

Half the cinema got up & walked out part way through.

Brian is really into the classics and historical films so decided to tough it out to the end & regretted it.

Thanks for that - she'll still want to watch it :sad1: I might accidentally get tickets for the Sweeney instead :whistling:

I hear ya, i need to get out there!!!!

I think its a shame Clint eastwood is so old, imagine his snarl under that helmet....made for the role

i heard they were making a strontium dog film but it fell by the wayside. They need to make one about FLESH!!!

2000AD was the best comic ever.

You are not wrong sir, my english teacher could never understand why all my stories were futuristic and er well er a tad violent lol...............................

I’d say Karl Urban was a good choice for the actor.

He’s a decent enough actor to carry the part and famous enough to make it a ‘reputable’ film.

But, he’s still non enough of a famous face that he could/would demand his face be seen.

Stallone’s film had some great ingredients.

Big budget, ABC warriors, the family in the cursed earth.

But, they let him take the helmet off – it became a Stallone film – not a Dredd film.

I think it’s similar to Hellboy.

The lead actor isn’t recognisable as themselves.

I wouldn’t want Clint Eastwood under the Helmet, as it would then be a Clint Eastwood film.