Getting rid of badgers

rcmh

And if the Badger has a pet Bat well you would be as well moving house just sign it over to the badger trust cos you wont be able to sell it.

Load of tosh, this is my area of work and I can guarantee you this is not true!

And what qualifies at interfering with a set? As I understand it if you knowingly approach the territory of a set or interfering with the natural activity of badgers in a way that it would cause them to feel distressed in any way then it's illegal, therefore you can't do any of the things suggested to deter badgers.

Look here:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1992/51/contents

Jog on vulpicide, I couldn't be prosecuted for anything since I was sharing what I heard. And since your the billy police why did you bother contributing and why are you being discriminitive towards my post when there are several who have suggested interfering with a badger set.

Because what you have suggested is illegal

And what qualifies at interfering with a set? As I understand it if you knowingly approach the territory of a set or interfering with the natural activity of badgers in a way that it would cause them to feel distressed in any way then it's illegal, therefore you can't do any of the things suggested to deter badgers.

I unfortunitly don't know the answer but if you can't deter badgers surely even repairing the fence would be an offence.

I hope the cull proves a link with Badgers and Bovine TB, then hopefully their numbers will be reduced to a managable level.

Badgers do spread TB. This is scientific fact. The debate is about whether a cull would work or not, but I don't see it working, as animal rights activists are planning to interfere with the cull. Until we can get a cull free of interference, we will never know for sure whether culling is effective. This is why the trial area should have been kept completely secret.

I unfortunitly don't know the answer but if you can't deter badgers surely even repairing the fence would be an offence.

A friend of mine has a large ( a few million trees) Christmas tree farm. There have been several badger sets occur over the years. He's not even aloud to approach the area of the set to harvest the trees. When he sought advice from the usual useless officials (Defra) they told him that he should make perimetre fence (20metre sq because of the size of it) around the set to ensure that the badgers aren't disturbed by his labourers by accidently walking into the area when they are cutting, pruning and harvesting the trees. An absolute nonsense!

Those who choose to ignore the democratic process when it hasn't given them the result they want and deliberately disrupt a legal scientific trial should be convicted of environmental terrorism and jugged for 20 years.

With these ****** out of the way badgers can go back on the general license.

Edited by Gimlet