showe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will probably set it away before I go to bed,

Bloody siri couldnt understand my accent

:shaun:

i no what u meen i wont use it coz im walking down the street takling like a *****

but now u can ask it football scores and nerest cinema and that

Edited by showe

See i'm lost now, i'm a bit of a luddite where technology is required :no:

:shaun:

A jail broken iDevice let's me install apps from developers which although not approved by apple are perfectly legal - for example instead of O2 for the operator I have my name and if I swipe across the top of my screen I can quickly turn on or off features like Bluetooth, wifi, 3G, flight mode etc without having to go through all the settings.

I've been running iOS6 (GM) for a week now and generally it's better. I did ditch my jailbreak for it, but I'm sure someone will release a JB in the coming weeks for 6.0 running non A6 processors.

Maps are good, until you actually need to use it. I'd download a Google Maps app to go with it.

Siri is brilliant now - UK Businesses are included. Just say "What can I ask you" and Siri will give you the options. You can even ask for 'soccer' fixtures and results.

Also, 'recommend me a scary movie' or any other genre, for that matter, is good.

Anyone running Mountain Lion on a Mac - update your software and iMessage will now deliver to your mobile number, so all messages can be actioned by your Mac.

OP would probably find the dictation bit of Siri quite handy :sly:

If anyone's stuck PM me.

Edited by Billy.

Billy is an absolute star

The poor soul has just spent an hour and a half helping me (he did all the work) reset my phone after it had a hissy fit.

My total ineptitude towards anything remotely hi tech shone through once again and didn't let me down.

Once again Billy, many many thanks, I owe you a very large drink if we ever meet up again. ( we did meet at the second charity shoot)

Cheers :shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

How do you stop photo's having the location tagged to them again? also, when you disable this does it stop the tags on photo's taken prior to the setting change?

Why oh why have they made the buttons on the music player smaller?? like it wasn't hard enough fumbling around trying to find the button when the phone is in the centre console of the car... :rolleyes:

and the maps seem to be a little less clear.

otherwise not that many changes for an old Iphone 4......I was hoping it added Siri... :no:

Regards,

Gixer

How do you stop photo's having the location tagged to them again? also, when you disable this does it stop the tags on photo's taken prior to the setting change?

Why oh why have they made the buttons on the music player smaller?? like it wasn't hard enough fumbling around trying to find the button when the phone is in the centre console of the car... :rolleyes:

and the maps seem to be a little less clear.

otherwise not that many changes for an old Iphone 4......I was hoping it added Siri... :no:

Regards,

Gixer

Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Camera (switch to off)

It should ask you when you open the camera for the first time. Apple have massively ramped up their privacy settings to ensure you've given consent for each App to use certain info.

Regarding the music player (doesn't help you at all) when you tilt your phone, the metal buttons react as if the light is reflecting off of it. Nice touch.

the only reason they have not added siri to the 4 is they want you to upgrade, the 4 is a good phone they need to get some way to get more cash from customers that already like their phone

There's a ported version of Siri for Jailbroken devices, if you're desperate.

Anyway, of course they want you to upgrade. You don't become the richest company to have ever existed by being Mr nice guy.

If you look at the release dates, the iPhones which lack new features are always the devices which are outside of a 24 month contract. So Apple aren't actually shafting you by making you upgrade early to gain extra features.

Im not looking forward to doing this update on the missus`s iphone 4s. Last time we upgraded to iOS5 it caused no end of problems with contacts missing or being duplicated and the phone not working. Same thing happened to most of her friends iphones. :(

Having SIRI actually working in the UK after 12 months of it being released would be handy, but I tend to use google maps, google navigation and Waze more for that side of things. Im always wary of any update which removes functionality i use and replace it with other stuff they would prefer me to use instead - I like to have that choice myself and not have to go through the phone trying to see what has been disabled just so I can then go and download it all again.

May well put it on the ipad though, as we wont be using that as much.