Honda CR-V 2.2 i-CTDi SE 5dr diesel

brian28

I have had 4, one of the older style and three of the newer shape. Think thats a clue.

Loads of space, reasonable economy at about 36 mpg all round. Utterly reliable, had the same issue on the last two with a knocking pulley on the engine, all sorted on warranty with no arguments.

You MUST check the oil very regularily as they use it and it will need topped up, this is deliberate apparently.

Handling is typical SUV, almost never saw the 4 x 4 light on except in serious snow. Being a Honda everything worked and they are a quality motor. Mine were all EX spec., but to be honest there were a lot of things we never ever used or needed.

You see them everywhere, except the menders. Even the oldest seem to go well for a very long time.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife bought one earlier this year and it will be the first of many. Cracking all round vehicle. Good fuel economy, great spec (it's an ES with reverse camera mp3 connection etc), first class reliability, good looker the list goes on. She hasn't however let me take it off road though :( so I'll stick with my old Navara for that.

Can't recommend them enough. As hillmouse says there are an awful lot of them around...

I did have a moment of concern not long after we got it when I saw something dripping from under the engine but it turns out its the condensate from the air-con!

• 1 month later...

I have a CRV 2.2 diesel sport,bought it in 2006 new, It has been and is very reliable, not used it for offroading but general driving when wife drives long distance in it she can get 45mpg abit different when I drive,it hovers about 39 to 40 mpg. The second year of owning it I parked under a horse chestnut tree on a windy day and dents all over ,very thin body.Very comfortable to ride in ,more road noise than I would like but ok. One dislike is honda rear seat belts when they lock GRRRR!! it tows well, When driving on icy roads I can never tell if the rear wheels come in other than that a very good motor.

S.B.

I got one Brian and love it . Goes everywhere I want around my shoot , I put a bak rak on while on my shoot so as I don't get it mucked up inside . Lint ran in the back and tows well too. If you want to drive one give me a yell ill meet you on the prom fella

Just seen post date hehe thought you had one already lol