Bouncer / Floater Pole ID

ScubaSparky

Hi all

I brought a couple of Floater / Bouncer Poles off the bay....

Out of interest can anyone I.D. The manufacturer or supplier ?

Many thanks

Simon

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2896E3B677474598!559&authkey=!ACNL1VShgE93AFM

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2896E3B677474598!560&authkey=!AKU7_yMw2OC1-s4

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2896E3B677474598!561&authkey=!AOk_ReqzYfpZR78

They look like my Pinewood ones, with the crocodile clips on the spreader, the twist lock height adjustment on the pole and the flat foot.

Thanks for your reply Cranfield

So the one on the Left is a Pinewood, this seems a better made pole than the RH one.

It has the plastic moulded cranked spreader, with thumb screw for adjustment & sprung loaded cranked spreader arms.

Also like you say a knurled twist lock nut for height adjustment.

The one on the Right seems a simpler design, almost DIY.

Think I'm going to try to source a M4 thread thumb screw for the height adjustment on this one.

Do you think it is advisable to weld a 90 deg footplate above the foot arrow head to make it easier to get into tough soil?

Cheers

Simon

Thanks for your reply Cranfield

So the one on the Left is a Pinewood, this seems a better made pole than the RH one.

It has the plastic moulded cranked spreader, with thumb screw for adjustment & sprung loaded cranked spreader arms.

Also like you say a knurled twist lock nut for height adjustment.

The one on the Right seems a simpler design, almost DIY.

Think I'm going to try to source a M4 thread thumb screw for the height adjustment on this one.

Do you think it is advisable to weld a 90 deg footplate above the foot arrow head to make it easier to get into tough soil?

Cheers

Simon

I would not advise you do that , the tube is hollow and not overly strong , by trying to push it in over hard ground with a footplate you are likely to break it.

left one is pinewood. other looks like homemade.

I would not advise you do that , the tube is hollow and not overly strong , by trying to push it in over hard ground with a footplate you are likely to break it.

Thanks for replies Activeviii & Fenboy

What sort of angle do you push the metal pole into the ground at then ?

& if it is at an angle does it angle to the rear or front of Pigeon Decoy?

Looking at Pinewoods website it seems the 2 plastic winged decoys are theirs too, so was a pretty good deal at £16 + p+p then !

I bought 2 of the RH type at a show, he said they were jack pyke models. The collar that you screw / unscrew to adjust the height is so badly made (threaded), you have to mess for ages to get it to catch. Wish i had tried before i bought them, lesson learned, no good once your home. :no:

• 2 weeks later...