Blueberry Gin.

Lord Geordie

Well having looked about this year and seeing the depressing harvest of sloe's I decided to leave them bee as the Birds need them more than I.

So today I took a trip to Morrisson and bought a box of frozen blueberries and a bottle of cheapo gin.

Rinsed out my pop bottle and used a bamboo skewer to fish out the defrosted blueberries. This also pricks the skin and helps the steeping process.

Dropped them in the bottle with 275g of sugar and followed by the Gin. Now all that remains is to shake like hell over the next few days till the sugar disolves and store till Jan before straining and bottling.

Wahey

oooo that sounds a plan iam also doing blackberry vodka ,

done that last year. I would highly.recommend keeping the sugar down to under 300g per pound of fruit. I followed a recipie of a pound of fruit to a pound of sugar! Far too sickly.

Also did a Toffee Vodka that was FAB...

Edited by Lord Geordie

i did the blueberry gin a couple of month back but i got fresh berrys from tesco and simmered them gently in a pan to get them to break up easily then added the suger to the pan and the contents to the bottle after about 6 weeks ive strained it and its lovely.......got the sloes in now but just froze them.