Small rifle primers.

The main component in this is the primer. It might be possible that the primers that have failed to ignite have not been seated into the pocket deeply enough so that the anvil has a base to take the blow from the firing pin. In all of the years that I have reloading I’ve only ever had two misfires and that was because the primer wasn’t seated correctly. The dent in the primer was shallow and small. At first I suspected all sorts of faults with the bolt but if it fires other rounds ok with that type/make of primer then they should be all ok. If you have any of the rounds that didn’t go off have a look at how the primer is set in relation to the base. WARNING >>> Do not attempt to reseat the primer on a loaded round. Either load the round into the weapon and try to fire it a second time into a safe backstop ( Sometimes they fire) if it doesn’t go off immediately keep pointing down range for a few seconds. OR use a ballistic hammer to safely dismantle the round saving the components and then reprime and reload.

Edited by fortune

looks to me that it is hitting center from the pic so pin is not bent.

pin looks like the same as mine when it the fired position so there ok.

so its ether the brass or the primers but if i was you id try some diferent primeres first mabey get 1 tray of each that yr local shop stocks and if no failures from them return the falty ones and ask to exchange them :good: :good:

p.s. i did new floors in the house but she did not lye still long enough fot the concret to set .something about she cant breath ??? ??? :whistling::lol:

Edited by fruitloop

i had the same problem years ago, would say just a faulty batch or damp, never had it since thow, good luck..

I thank every one for the input it seems be ok now. I smoothed the guide in the top of the bolt that seemed to be catching slowing the pin. Fingers crossed I have had no misfires as of yet.

Hi Simon I was going to pick your brains about 22ppc as a hunting caliber ? What are your thorts ?

Edited by Amazed