Animal Charities, who needs them ?

Full Pelt

It was June 2009.

Not the ideal method, but perfectly humane. Can't see why they couldn't look to re-home the dogs?

Since this incident the RSPCA has changed a number of their policies regarding euthanasia and for a time the 'inspectors' didn't carry out the act themselves under any circumstances.

I have mixed feelings on the RSPCA, but the world would be a worse place without them.

Unless you were there it is very hard to comment, For starters their owner had dies and they were used presumably to living as a pack. If the conclusion was they were never going to be able to be re homed then it was the best and kindest thing to do, sounds harsh but they can't re home anything dangerous and were they elderly then re homing was going to be unlikely. That is the harsh reality of unwanted dogs you see it time and again on here people trying to palm off unwanted dogs that may find a decent home or may go to someone who then later decides they don't want it and flogs off on another website seen a couple of them now and really those dogs would have been better off put down.

As for the method its a legitimate slaughtering technique so what is the problem where is the difference between the food on your table versus an unwanted dog. People love to slate the RSPCA and they do have the wrong ideas on some things but an element of reality has to come in if there is no prospect of re homing there is no point putting them through the stress of being split up and in kennels if the end result is the same. If you read more into it there were a lot of people involved in the decision and it can't have been an easy one to make.

I consider the RSPCA useless. There are many more stories about them if you google search and the fact that they have millions in the bank yet always need urgent donations? I'd rather give my money to a smaller charity and see it put to some good. Or like I always do at Christmas, donate blankets and food to a smaller shelter. That way I know that they will have use for it and I know where my money has gone.