Start up kit?

GunGuy

Hi guys, as I said in the. Welcome forum, I have just returned to shooting after a break of some years...

So, I have collected my 'starter' kit....... Stealth camo net, 10 flock shells and one flocked full body deek, one flapper with timer, one dead bird bouncer and a bouncer with a hypaflap deek....... Any views?anything missing? I would appreciate any input, positive or negative!

Sounds OK to me.. I started with a stealth net+4 poles, 12 FUDs and that was it.. seemed to draw them in well enough in the right location/conditions.

I recently bought a magnet, and only been out with it once so i can't tell if it will prove to be worthwhile!

Ok ok, so, I have a gun, I have BASC insurance.......and carts...... And I think I now have my first permission.....soooooo..... ?

If you let us know where you are maybe someone can come out with you and show you the ropes. And possibly lend you/show you equipment that you may not have or have used before, magnet and flapper for example

Ok ok, so, I have a gun, I have BASC insurance.......and carts...... And I think I now have my first permission.....soooooo..... ?

Get out and enjoy it,Its not just about shooting tons of birds,getting out and observing and enjoying your time out is what matters as much.the more time you spend out the more you will learn buy observation,ie driving around and watching the birds....Point in case have a look at the pigeon controllers posts and see how long he drives around doing he homework before he even thinks about setting up

atb Jim

Think outside the box Fellas you need a shottie. carts..shells or indeed bullets.Oh indeed perms

nuff said

to the OP you seem to have it sorted go out bang a few and above all else enjoy your day..s

atb Jim

There is a thread trying to ban the use of the term "shottie" "perm" "carts" etc, you may have to put on your tin hat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tin hat on, I will remember that beerdeor. As for the homework thing, I do appreciate that. I have spent the last few weeks doing nothing but driving round and sitting observing....... With bino's and coffee.... Then asking for permission for any likely spots. Actually, I enjoy the whole reconnaissance and pigeon psychology thing almost as much as the shooting........

Tin hat on, I will remember that beerdeor. As for the homework thing, I do appreciate that. I have spent the last few weeks doing nothing but driving round and sitting observing....... With bino's and coffee.... Then asking for permission for any likely spots. Actually, I enjoy the whole reconnaissance and pigeon psychology thing almost as much as the shooting........

and what have you observed.ie were are the birds coming from going too.are they sat on the feilds in numbers ?

Paid particular attention to flightlines in and out...... also the fact that they sometimes seem to feed on a field then move to another field to put their feet up....... then return to original field........ I do have one thought, that is, if shooting a field where they are feeding but also sitting in tree...... should you set up near the tree or as far from it as possible.... the tree have in mind would seem to be at the intersection between two flightlines....