What a crap evenings shooting

dazzyboi

I dont know what has been up with me, usually not this bad, i had to re-zero my scope the other day and it was spot on, and i havnt even used it and its out again.

4 rabbits hit, 4 runners :blink:

did your dog pick up injured bunnies?

if you havent got one :good: ,get one. my jrt allways sorts out the runners. :good:

Dont have a dog yet im afraid, when i get my own place i will have though :blush:

Dazzy, you should stop shooting at live targets and concentrate on getting your rifle sorted out. I know this can be frustrating but you really need to give your quarry the respect it deserves.

It may well be you having an off day, the only way to check is to get on to paper targets and find out.

Dazzy, you should stop shooting at live targets and concentrate on getting your rifle sorted out. I know this can be frustrating but you really need to give your quarry the respect it deserves.

It may well be you having an off day, the only way to check is to get on to paper targets and find out.

Correct me if im wrong but thats what i was doing yesterday wasnt i??

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=22682

Spot on Dazzy, I hope you get it sorted.

I shouldnt really splash out anymore cash, but i fancy a new scope & a new rifle tbh.

I went in and had a hold of the AA S410, Soo much lighter than my Weihrauch :blush:

Anyone want to lend me £450??

Personally I would have got the dog before the shotgun too!

Wouldnt be able to keep it because i dont have my own place :good:

if you havent got one :good: ,get one. my jrt allways sorts out the runners. :blush:

Probably one of the worst ever reasons for getting a dog?

Dazzyboi. How do you practice/zero? off a bench or good solid rest?

How are most of your hunting shots taken ? Off a bench or good solid rest?...probably not.

Maybe the answer lies here.

You need to practice, practice, practice on paper, using the same awkward stances that you are likely to use in the field.

Then when you are very happy with your paper accuracy, venture out into the field again.

if you havent got one :good: ,get one. my jrt allways sorts out the runners. :blush:

Probably one of the worst ever reasons for getting a dog?

Dazzyboi. How do you practice/zero? off a bench or good solid rest?

How are most of your hunting shots taken ? Off a bench or good solid rest?...probably not.

Maybe the answer lies here.

You need to practice, practice, practice on paper, using the same awkward stances that you are likely to use in the field.

Then when you are very happy with your paper accuracy, venture out into the field again.

I practise/zero resting in the crouched stance using my knee/leg to support the gun, this is usually how i take most shots out in the field too.

Im going out again tonight to have another go with zero'in the scope..