blue barrels as feeder /NI

• 2 weeks later...

let me know how you get on, what price etc.We are considering a little project for next year. Considering a few things such as wooden or metal frames for barrels or to go with smaller sealed tubs and hang from trees etc. There are a few options on done deal or gumtree.

Spring feeders seem to be the preferred choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Spring feeders are vulnerable to badger and roe deer raids, pan feeders are a better option in help prevent grain theft.

Blackpowder

Agreed, am now looking at changing over 150 barrels over next summer. Got muntis smashing their way into closed pens, ripping the springs open despite anti deer/badger spikes and eating the contents, Badgers dont usually manage to eat everything in one sitting.

A

Agreed, am now looking at changing over 150 barrels over next summer. Got muntis smashing their way into closed pens, ripping the springs open despite anti deer/badger spikes and eating the contents, Badgers dont usually manage to eat everything in one sitting.

A

the other thing to try geoff would be hanging the feeders from trees, 3 eyes and some rope

• 4 weeks later...

hi,

on my rough shoot we have just switched over to these feeder nozzles http://www.solwayfeeders.com/products/mac-feeder-attachment-p4008-c388.html we got metal ones, since replacing with these we have not had any trouble with our 25 feeders.. this year i have been replacing nozles on a weekly basis til i put these on.

birds seem to like them, badges, deer and tree rat cant damage them its been a quiet christmas for me since doing this.... (well quiet on the feeder repaire front)