Game Recovery Tip

new to the flock

For those that hunt deer, or rabbits for that matter without a dog. Every now and then we all have to follow up a blood trail, if you do not have a tracking dog with you this tip works great for when that trail seems to dissappear.

Fill a small spray bottle with approxamately 8 ounces of peroxide along with a few drops of yellow food coloring, and keep the bottle in your hunting pack. Then if you loose a blood trail, go back to the last visable sign and spray the grass, leaves and brush with the peroxcide. The peroxcide will foam upwhen it is sprayed on even the smallest drop of blood, and the yellow food coloring stands out best on the cover.

EDITED to add.... the peroxcide used is 3%pharmaceutical hydrogen peroxcide

Another tip for those of you who get cold feet while out on the stand. Use an anti persperant stick on the soles of your feet before putting your socks on. This keeps your feet from sweating helping them to stay warm and dry.

Just be sure to use your wifes stick and not your own.... :blush::good::good:

NTTF

NTTF,

is that hydrogen peroxide? The same stuff i use to bleach my Skulls with? There is a product on the market, I think its called Blue star wich does the same but is blue :blush: Expensive, use a good dog!

Yes it is hydrogen peroxide and it is a heck of alot cheaper than Blue Star. ;) Not all have dogs trained to trail hence the tip :good:

LB

Why I will have Trix's at hand :good: :blink: :good::oops::yes:

Jonno 357

The little rodents would have to injest an awful lot of it to do any harm seeing as it is used as a teeth whitener, and wash for mouth and gum absesses :lol::lol::lol: However there would be alot of rodents with pearly whites :o :o ;)

NTTF,

is that hydrogen peroxide? The same stuff i use to bleach my Skulls with? There is a product on the market, I think its called Blue star wich does the same but is blue :blush: Expensive, use a good dog!

Yes it is hydrogen peroxide and it is a heck of alot cheaper than Blue Star. :D Not all have dogs trained to trail hence the tip :good:

LB

Why I will have Trix's at hand :good: :blink: :good::oops::yes:

Jonno 357

The little rodents would have to injest an awful lot of it to do any harm seeing as it is used as a teeth whitener, and wash for mouth and gum absesses :lol::lol::lol: However there would be alot of rodents with pearly whites :o :o ;)

Not enough information before posting. A little knowledge is dangerous

Route of entry to body

As we all know the easy ones

Inhalation Absorbtion and INGESTION

Rodents don't eat peroxides. Everone knows that

They stand on it and burn there feet. Then by a build in mechanism they preen themselves and INGEST

;):D:D

Jonno

http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/msds/HY/hydrogen_peroxide_30pc.html

Got the MSDS for 30% aqueous

Jonno

Jonno,

The hydrogen peroxcide...pharmsudical grade....that you buy from the chemist is 3 % not 30%

But you never said in your original post what strength. And no it isn't pharmaceutical or pharmsudical

pharmaceutical = pharmacy= chemist :blush::good::good: Now your confusing read what you have just posted

30% aqueous is wildly used industry

Jonno

30% aqueous is wildly used industry

So, is it widely used in industry, or wildly used industry?

I am confused now :yp: :lol::)

I work for a rather large chemical manufacturer. Earlier this year we couldn't account for 600kgs and still can't.High concentrated oxidants can be used in other applicants if you know what I mean so yes we use it wildly also widely

Jonno