NOTHING wrong with a Baikal :D

Lord Geordie

Well my AYA has decided to be a stick in the mud and spat it's ejector :P

I was offered a Swap for a Baikal O/U for my Marked Franchi and of course i said yes as i need a O/U for clays.

On first glance i dont see WHY people slate them so much? Sure it's a tad on the rough side but for it's price it's not as bad as one would expect!

Obviously mine was second hand and the wood needs a bit of work but the metal i have already done as there WAS a tad of surface rust due to it being stored wet :D

I stripped it down used a dremmel and bronze brush to clean the ejectors and chambers then cleaned the whole thing down and re-greased all the pivots etc.

I rubbed a bit of Stock oil onto the stock with 00000 grade steel wool to help remove the dark stain left from the leather butt sock.

It polished up nicely though and i took it to the clay grounds this morning.

First round and first go of the gun i got 20 for 25 :lol:

Second round 22 :lol:

I FULLY intend using it for the Club Competition tomorrow. It points well shoots straight and has a nice heavy weight to aid the follow through :D

It shall tide me over till i get the money flow problem sorted to get my Lanber then it will become a pigeon gun OR perhaps i will trade it in???

I know it isn't going to win any beauty contests BUT for a cheap knockout from the ruskies it aint half bad at all.

I have a few more small jobs needing doing as i saw 3 small spots of surface rust under the blueing in front of the forend wood. SHouldn't take more than a half hour to sort it out.

On the whole it's not a bad little thing for the asking price :P

LG

Well my AYA has decided to be a stick in the mud and spat it's ejector :P

I was offered a Swap for a Baikal O/U for my Marked Franchi and of course i said yes as i need a O/U for clays.

On first glance i dont see WHY people slate them so much? Sure it's a tad on the rough side but for it's price it's not as bad as one would expect!

Obviously mine was second hand and the wood needs a bit of work but the metal i have already done as there WAS a tad of surface rust due to it being stored wet :D

I stripped it down used a dremmel and bronze brush to clean the ejectors and chambers then cleaned the whole thing down and re-greased all the pivots etc.

I rubbed a bit of Stock oil onto the stock with 00000 grade steel wool to help remove the dark stain left from the leather butt sock.

It polished up nicely though and i took it to the clay grounds this morning.

First round and first go of the gun i got 20 for 25 :lol:

Second round 22 :lol:

I FULLY intend using it for the Club Competition tomorrow. It points well shoots straight and has a nice heavy weight to aid the follow through :D

It shall tide me over till i get the money flow problem sorted to get my Lanber then it will become a pigeon gun OR perhaps i will trade it in???

I know it isn't going to win any beauty contests BUT for a cheap knockout from the ruskies it aint half bad at all.

I have a few more small jobs needing doing as i saw 3 small spots of surface rust under the blueing in front of the forend wood. SHouldn't take more than a half hour to sort it out.

On the whole it's not a bad little thing for the asking price :P

LG

my mate bought an over and under baikal for 50 quid he hates it, its in his the gun cabinit and for sale so he says any offers and i will pass it on i hear scrap value is good just now :lol::lol::lol:

LG, I just bought me a O/U non-ejector 12 gauge Baikel. It has suffered little use, feels like new on opening, has no rust anywhere. Shoots like a dream when I am accurate :P

It has double triggers and is up for sale chaps. 3/4 and 1/2 choke Pm me if interested and only 'shooters' will be considered :D

LB