Animal Aid step up WHSmith campaign

Reece

I posted this in the WHSmith thread, but since that battle has been won for now, no one looks at it, so I thought I would give it its own thread. I think it is important for shooters to take notice of this.

http://www.animalaid...hooting//2788//

This is the latest from Animal Aid:

On 15 December, activists will be leafleting outside WH Smith outlets across the UK, to protest the retailer’s sale to children of titles such as Shooting Times, Sporting Gun, Shooting Sports and Sporting Rifle, which encourage and even celebrate the killing of animals for ‘sport’.

Animal Aid’s campaign already has the support of the majority of the public, according to the results of a recent NOP poll. In the survey, 84 per cent of respondents called for a ban on the sale of gun magazines to under-18s and 74 per cent of the public supported our call to have such material moved to a top shelf position.

Can you help to distribute leaflets outside your local WH Smith on 15 December?

Even an hour of your time would be a tremendous boost to the campaign, and would help WH Smith’s Executive Board appreciate how many people support this campaign.

I've sent a letter to WHSmith urging them to ignore Animal Aid. I urge others to do the same, to stop them imposing age restrictions again.

If you want to send an email, use customer.relations@whsmith.co.uk

It might be worth a trip down to WHSmith on the 15th, which is a saturday.

Edited by Reece

If we all ordered a bulk of leaflets etc each hopefully...

A/ It'll clog up the system and stop actual "activists" receiving there bundle in time.

B/ Cost them lots of money in postage etc.

C/ Provide us all with some free paper for kindling, litter trays etc.

Only problem I see is you may end up on a mailing list - may be worth getting sent to work... false name... etc. ;)

Just an idea....

You could even post them back to them in a box with short paid postage... which they would have to pay to receive... ;)

A/ It'll clog up the system and stop actual "activists" receiving there bundle in time.

Only problem I see is you may end up on a mailing list - may be worth getting sent to work... false name... etc. ;)

Just an idea....

You could even post them back to them in a box with short paid postage... which they would have to pay to receive... ;)

:) :)

Just an idea....

If we could get more shooters to take part, it would be a good idea. Could you maybe post the idea on the facebook pages of shooting times et al? If only one or two take part, it won't work.