floating 10/22 barrel?

cockercas

Many rimfires dont float, the CZ 452 varmint actually has a dovetailed lug into the barrel for the front action screw, the Ruger bolt action has an upwards pressure bedd to the forearm. Personally it doesnt worry me as they still shoot great, action screw tentions can have some bearing on things but how far do you want to go? The whole freefloat thing in centrefires is often over rated also many fine shooting guns of the past had no free float and many new built ones have forearms so flimsy they contact the barrel at the slightest provocation. If the gun shoots well it just does and should be forgotten about

Thanks lads, the only reason I ask is I have some bedding compound left over and I might aswell bed another rifle. Its either the 10/22 or the cz rimfire. I use the auto more than the bolt action. I've found a mod were you thread a hole in the fore end and put a screw in to put tension on the barrel. Might do that or might bed the barrel in fully.

Thanks lads, the only reason I ask is I have some bedding compound left over and I might aswell bed another rifle. Its either the 10/22 or the cz rimfire. I use the auto more than the bolt action. I've found a mod were you thread a hole in the fore end and put a screw in to put tension on the barrel. Might do that or might bed the barrel in fully.

If it works leave it alone IMO. Spare bedding compound? save it sometimes you need it in a hurry, you wouldn't be the first to damage your bedding with solvent or have it crack etc. (stuff happens)