Tips on shooting moles or vauls?

lewis2012

Moles can tunnel to great depth. It is said grave diggers have see them scuttle across the bottom of open graves.

I have some SSGs, will they do or would it be less messy to keep the moles?

cheapest lightest cart you can get,i find its the bang that gets them most of the time.ive shot loads and dug them out and there s not a mark on mole,the shock kills them ,unless thier right under shot ,then they in half usually.

cheapest lightest cart you can get,i find its the bang that gets them most of the time.ive shot loads and dug them out and there s not a mark on mole,the shock kills them ,unless thier right under shot ,then they in half usually.

Yup. I use 28g 7.5 eley firsts for shooting moles with. It's the shockwave that kills them. I've known an old farmer who used to kill moles with a shovel - smacked the shovel onto the molehill while it was being pushed up, pulled out a dead mole 5 mins later. He always told me that moles are very vulnerable to that - apparently their hearts can stop given any sort of shock

only ever had one and looked all over the internet, and my best shooting friends dad has been professional pestcontrolling all his life and i asked him about it. Trap it or dig it out was his advice, due to it being all in a relatively small space. Following this every time i went in to the garden i checked the mole hills and placed a spade at the ready near by. One day i spied it moving and plunged the spade in and flicked the mole out, which i quickly dispatched.