Auto door opener for a chicken house

il cacciatore

Automatic feeder, automatic door opener and closer... see where I'm going with this? They will still be free range though just low maintenance. Just because the door open and closes by itself doesnt mean they will be neglected.

edit -

Or is that a no no?

edit -

I like gadgets as well Im afraid. :rolleyes:

well its up to you but coming from a farming back ground all stock had to be looked at

least once a day to look for ill or sick animals only a thought as animal naglect is high on do

gooders minds these days. only my opinion i dont mean to preach or anything, consider it food for thought

cheers kirky

may your hens have many eggs !!!! :rolleyes:

I think the Seller looks reputable and I would be confident buying from them.

Whether the item is worth the money, or the sort of thing you should have on your chicken house, I have no idea.

One thing that does intrigue me, how does the door know that all the chickens are inside, before it shuts ? :rolleyes:

One thing that does intrigue me, how does the door know that all the chickens are inside, before it shuts ? :rolleyes:

Its doesnt. It just closes at the point in time when its dark but the chickens go inside before its dark by themselves so they should all be inside when it closes.

I still think its a handy invension.

We just have a wooden sliding drop door. We had a rather anti social badger push his nose under it once and got locked in the chicken house. The distasteful creature then proceeded to kill all of our birds then curl up in the corner and sleep until morning when by law he had to be released. :rolleyes:

It is my opinion that you don't need anything automatic on a hen house as too many things can go wrong and one day it wont work and the door will be open at night allowing a nasty predator to enter the hen house. :yp:

FM :)